photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mish-Mash Monday!!

Hey everyone!  A new week, a new month, and new possibilities.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  I didn't do much but sit and keep my foot up!  I am going crazy being cooped up inside, but I did find a really good show on Netflix to watch.
This show is called Ruby and it is a couple years old. But it is basically a reality show that follows Ruby along her weight loss journey.  She was at 700 pounds at one time, and started the show at almost 500 pounds.  What I love the most, is that she shares SO much more than just weight loss, but shares the emotional and mental struggles as well.  I have only watched 1 1/2 seasons and I am hooked.  At least this show gives me something worthwhile to watch while I am recuperating.  If you have never watched it, I suggest giving this show a try.

This is the verse for the week. When I first read it, I will be honest I thought of food.  I thought of how I used to hide food so that only I could eat it, I would hide the evidence so no one knew what I was binging on.  Food (especially sweets) were my hidden treasures.  They made me feel good, never judged me for being "fat", and was ALWAYS there for me.  I still struggle with this food addiction, and I think I will forever.  Some days are easier than others, and then there are days like yesterday when your hubby and kids come home with Krispy Kreme donuts.  I really don't even like donuts, but they were SUCH a temptation.  Hubby even offered me just a bite.  I was a good girl and I stayed strong and didn't even taste one!  This verse really makes me think about what I should be treasuring instead of Reese's Cups and M&M's.  I am excited to really reflect on God's treasures for me this week.


The word for this week is PEACE.  So many things come to mind when I think of this word.  I think of God's peace and I think of making peace with myself.  I know this word will bring up a lot of reflection through this week.

I know I usually share my menu for the week on Monday's, but I am not cooking again this week as I am still recovering from foot surgery.  Hopefully by next week I will be able to be on my feet more again!

Here are my goals for February:
  • NO EXCUSES - I really want to work on not making excuses for why I don't stay on plan.
  • LOVE ME - I am working on this, but I have struggled the last few weeks with some negative self talk.  For February I really want to work on loving myself and feeling good enough for me.
  • WEIGHT LOSS - I am not going to set a number, but I REALLY want to get under 300 pounds this month!!!




Nature Valley Protein Bar - 5 points+
Banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+

 
My tummy wasn't feeling well at lunch so I just had some oatmeal in order to not make myself sick.  I think it might be the pain meds making me a little nauseous. 
1 cup cooked oats - 4 points+
2 tbsp PB2 - 1 point+
1 tbsp cocoa - 0 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
clementine - 0 points+

My first "green" smoothie! 
1 cup light silk - 1 point+
Weight Watchers Coconut Smoothie - 2 points+
Strawberries, pineapple, spinach - 0 points+
Blended it all up in my ninja!!! It was yummy! Couldn't even taste the spinach. 
Progresso Light Chicken Enchilada Soup - 4 points+
2 Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sticks - 3 points+
1/2 pb sandwich - 6 points+


Popcorn with light butter - 4 points+

Total used today 34 out of 46

That is is for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari





No comments:

Post a Comment