photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, February 21, 2014

Failure on a Friday? - I don't think so!

So yesterday was kinda an emotional roller coaster for me.  I gained for the second week in a row, pouted and had a pity party, BUT did not give in to the emotions and binge.  The support I got from family and friends was enough to keep my head above water.  You ALL are amazing and encourage me every day to keep going.  I received a message from one of my Facebook friends this morning and I really had to do a lot of self examining before I could reply to her.  I almost felt like I was writing back to myself!  I hope she doesn't mind if I share (I won't share her name).  Here is what she wrote to me:

Hey girl!!! How are you?!?
I have some worries and complaints I would love some talking off the edge!
I have put on 4 pounds this week!!! How is this possible?? I ate less than normal and started exercising so I don't understand how this happened? Do you have any experience with this? Problem with me is I am someone who hits plateaus and won't budge. Last 2 years this is what has happened. So my weight is coming off slowly, which I don't mind, but today to gain? I'm frustrated!!!


I think almost anyone who has gone on this journey has felt like this at one point or another.  Here was my response:

I have had experience with this and to be honest I have gained the last 2 weeks even though I have mostly followed my plan. It is at this point that in the past I would normally quit! Binge on chocolate and then be sick and depressed. Here is my theory on a plateau: I AM NOT WHERE I USED TO BE. If I had not watched my food intake and been more active I would have gained a heck of a lot more weight over the last 14 months. And if you are not eating enough and exercising more, your body could be going into a mode where it holds onto everything until it figures out what you are doing to it. I know it is frustrating and very, very discouraging, but DO NOT GIVE UP. If you quit today and gained ALL of your weight plus some back, how would you feel? Worse than you feel now? I bet so! This is a lifelong process. Us people who are blessed to struggle with weight issues will never be rid of the struggle, we just have to keep fighting and we will win. And (even though I struggle with this some) remember that the scale is not the only indicator of our success! You can do this girl! I believe in you!!!

AND, I got to workout today for the first time since my foot surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is so hard learning how to walk the correct way again.  I am supposed to do 5 slow minutes on the treadmill and pay attention to each step, much harder than it sounds.  But I felt AMAZING after being able to get active a little bit today!


1/2 cup quick oats - 4 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+

Lean Cuisine spinach artichoke ravioli - 7 points+
Green Giant just for one broccoli with cheese sauce - 1 point+
Yoplait light blueberry patch yogurt - 2 points+

apple- 0 points+
2 tbsp peanut butter (not pictured) - 5 points+
Special K pastry crisp chocolate caramel - 3 points+
hot green tea - 0 points+
Subway double chopped chicken salad loaded with veggies, provolone cheese, and red wine vinegar - 6 points+


Weight Watchers hazelnut smoothie made with 1 cup light vanilla silk - 4 points+

Coconut cashew Quest bar - 4 points+
I really liked this flavor.  Tasted good with a cup of decaf!

Used 39 out of 46 points and met all my good health guidelines!!!

That is it for today!  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari







No comments:

Post a Comment