photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Menu Share and Self-Pity

Happy Monday "losers"! I had an amazing weekend and I hope you all did too!!  My sister, brother-in-law and 3 year old nephew came up from Evansville to spend the weekend with us.  We had such a nice time visiting!!!

As I was reading my "Jesus Calling" devotion yesterday, I knew I had to share it with you all today.  It was like Jesus was talking directly to me with the mental struggles I have had lately.


February 23
Be on guard against the pit of self-pity.  When you are weary or unwell, this demonic trap is the greatest danger you face.  Don't even go near the edge of the pit.  Its edges crumble easily, and before you know it, you are on the way down.  It is ever so much harder to get out of the pit than to keep a safe distance from it.  That is why I tell you to be on guard.

There are several ways to protect yourself from self-pity.  When you are occupied with praising and thanking Me, it is impossible to feel sorry for yourself.  Also, the closer you live to Me, the more distance there is between you and the pit.  Live in the Light if My Presence by fixing your eyes on Me.  Then you will be able to run with endurance the race that is set before you, without stumbling or falling.

No matter what is happening in our lives, we can fix our eyes on Him and He will see you through!  What a promise!!!

Here is my workout from this morning!  I actually used my Polar for the first time!!


So I totally failed at this last week, but I am trying again to get back to normal routine!

Monday: Turkey Smoked Sausage, roasted potatoes and a veggie
Tuesday: Spaghetti and Salad
Wednesday: Baked Chicken with veggies and brown rice
Thursday: Cubed Steaks, Skinny mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and green beans
Friday: Subway 
Saturday: soup
Sunday: Taco Salads


1 cup quick oats - 7 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 point+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+

Weight Watchers hazelnut smoothie made with 1 cup light Silk vanilla - 4 points+
6 strawberries - 0 points+
1 oz coffee flavored almonds - 4 points+

Quest strawberry cheesecake bar - 4 points+ (not too bad)
hot green tea - 0 points+

turkey smoked sausage - 6 points+
sweet potato fries - 4 points+
1/2 cup shells and cheese - 4 points+
steamed veggies - 0 points+

apple - 0 points+
Yoplait light blueberry yogurt - 2 points+
Nature Valley baked oatmeal bar - 4 points+

Used 42 out of 46 points today and met all my good health guidelines!

That is it for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment