photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wowzer Wednesday - Meet Dani

I am so excited to share today's story with you.  Dani is such an amazing and inspirational person.  She has motivated me and is always supporting me along my journey even though she makes me jealous with all of her beautiful pictures of her walks and lunches in Florida!  And she is a fellow Weight Watcher!

I have been on a "diet" since I was 10 years old. Did I need to be? Heck no! But my mother had issues with her weight and they became mine. I was a chubby little girl but I wasn't fat or unhealthy. However, a lifetime of "dieting" and then falling off the wagon made me fat and unhealthy and put me to my highest weight ever...363 pounds! (I can't believe that I can finally say that number now!)

On August 3, 2012, I was at a dinner for my sister's birthday, pigging out on the fattiest foods possible, and she said she just joined Weight Watchers and was having success. So, the next day, I joined too and it changed my life...forever! I have never once felt like I'm on a diet. I feel like I am living and I'm doing it right! I couldn't fit in a booth at a restaurant, I had quit going to amusement parks and concerts because I couldn't fit through anything or walk without pain and I couldn't even get in my car without being out of breath. I wasn't living but I WAS dying... quickly!

My cholesterol was so bad that my doctor told me I'd have a heart attack within 10 years if something didn't change. On my one year anniversary of joining weight watchers, I lost my 100th pound! I'd say that was the change he was talking about! It was the greatest day of my life...up to that point! I have now lost 121 pounds and 122 inches and I am 49 days into my New Year's Resolution to go to the gym every single day for a year! I will do it because I feel unstoppable! I have done bootcamp, I went to my first amusement park in 15 years, I went on my first AND LAST roller coaster (LOL), I have done presentations at WW about my success to inspire newbies (and rocked them) and my cholesterol dropped 37 points in one year!

I started www.Facebook.com/DownWithDani to inspire others to start their own journey. The letters I get make me cry, literally! There are so many people that are as lost as I was, just looking for one thing to inspire them to make that change, take that leap...I want to be that one thing! I WANT TO INSPIRE! The feeling of being an inspiration at the one thing I always failed at is amazing! I hope I can help you take that first step towards changing your life too!


I strongly encourage you to visit her Facebook page!  She is AMAZING!!! Thanks Dani for sharing your inspirational story with us!!!

Today was my sister's birthday.  We decided to get tattoos today!  I had always said when I lost weight, I would get one.  Here is mine:
Hard to see, but there is a little butterfly at the end.  Here is my sister's:




2 packages raisin, date, and walnut oatmeal - 7 points+ (NOT nearly as good as my usual)
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+


grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch - 6 points+

We went to Outback for my sis's birthday!
house salad with no croutons and tangy tomato dressing - 4 points+
Alice Springs Chicken (no bacon or honey mustard) - 20 points+
steamed veggies - 0 points+
1 bite each of bloomin onion, coconut shrimp, cheesecake, and chocolate thunder - 7 points+ (est)

Used all 46 points today!

I didn't have any snacks today!  That is it for today!  Tune in tomorrow for weigh-in results! Sending you all love and healthy wishes.

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment