photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Frozen Meals - Yes or no?

Happy Saturday everyone!!  I usually don't blog on the weekends, but people have really expressed liking the photos of what I eat each day so I thought I would just share a short message and then show you what my food intake was today!

I know there is a lot of opinions about frozen meals out there in the "health" world.  Some people love the convenience of having quick, convenient, portioned food to eat.  Others scream and yell about how bad they are for you with preservatives and lots of sodium.  SO, I thought I would tell you all my opinion.  Are you ready for it?

I sometimes eat frozen meals! WHAT???? Yep, I sure do.  Here is what I believe, if it works for you, do it?  I don't eat them everyday, and when I do have one I try to bulk it up with something else as they never keep me full.  I have been successful thus far and I think a frozen meal is healthier for me than a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, fries, and of course a diet coke.  If you disagree with me, that is just fine.  Not everyone agrees with the fact that I do Weight Watchers.  HOWEVER, we all have a right to do what works for US.  We are not all the same, we don't all live the same life.  Don't let somebody make you feel guilty for doing what works for you!

Yesterday, I read an interesting blog about frozen meals.  She listed a few of her favorites and added how she bulks them up.  Click here to read the post.  I really like the advice she gives about putting the food on a real plate so you see how much you are actually eating.  I tried that with my lunch today and I really liked it!

I said this would be short, oops.

For some reason, I was really hungry this morning so I ate a little more oatmeal.
1 1/2 cups of cooked oatmeal - 7 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 point+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+
Lean Cuisine Apple Cranberry Chicken - 8 points+
1 1/2 cups steamed veggies - 0 points+
Yoplait light white chocolate strawberry yogurt - 2 points+
Special K Strawberry Pastry Crisps - 3 points+
Hot Green Tea - 0 points+

2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup Jimmy Dean turkey sausage and 1/4 cup fat free cheese - 6 points+
Weight Watchers Hazelnut Smoothie made with 1 cup Silk Light Vanilla - 4 points+

Not sure what I will have yet as I am still not hungry for a snack!

Used 33 out of 45 today!
Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari






No comments:

Post a Comment