photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wowzer Wednesday! - Meet Rhonda


I LOVE all the stories that I share with you guys, but this story has touched me in such a way that I cannot begin to describe it to you!  Rhonda is simply AMAZING and I know you will enjoy her story!

February 7, 2012, I finally decided I was tired of just existing and wanted to live again. I weighed 457 lbs and knew if I didn’t make a change, I would die an early death. I have since lost 250 lbs and am still working hard to reach my goal. I have been overweight most of my life. I had tried every diet out there and would lose a few pounds and then gain it all back and more and never exercise. A friend of mine had decided to try to lose weight and I thought if she could try, I could try one more time. I knew though that a diet was not a way to go for me. I didn’t want to have any restrictions and I didn’t want to feel deprived. I wanted to find a way to make this a lifestyle I could live with for the rest of my life. I started doing two protein shakes a day and trying to eat healthier. After about a month, I decided that I needed to keep track of what and how much I was eating and started using myfitnesspal.com to start tracking my calorie consumption. When I first started, I could barely walk 150 steps without being tired and winded. I started tracking my steps with a pedometer and tried to walk a minimum of 100 steps a day more. A few years prior to starting my journey, my husband and I had purchased electric bikes and they were just sitting in the garage gathering dust. I decided to start riding the ebike. With the ebike, I was able to get a little exercise with the help of the motor and when I got tired, I could just use the motor for a while and then pedal more. I would just make sure that I never went faster than I would have resistance when pedaling. As I was gradually losing weight, I was able to pedal longer distance to the point where November 1, 2012, I started commuting 30 miles round trip to work by ebike. As opposed to my past attempts at weight loss, I made it public to friends and relatives that I was going to lose weight. It has helped me to be accountable . I have found an amazing support system which has been invaluable to my journey. April 15, 2013, I made the leap and signed up for personal training here at 24 Hour Fitness with Nick G. I had reached a plateau and was frustrated and knew I had to change things up. I train with Nick 3 times a week. He knows when to push me, helps me set and attain goals. As I slowly lose the weight and start to tone and change shape, I have slowly regained my self-confidence. I firmly believe, I would not be where I am on my journey without Nick’s knowledge and support. I recently participated in the Carlsbad ½ Marathon. I walked 95% of it but was actually able to run 5%. I never thought I would ever run. I actually enjoy working out and training. I have 3 personal training sessions a week, take Aqua classes twice a week, bike whenever possible, and swim two to three days a week. I have set a goal to complete two more ½ marathons and a triathlon by the end of the year


Isn't she just awesome!!!!  Check out her Facebook page by clicking here.

Don't forget to take time and reflect on our word and verse for this week:


1 cup cooked oatmeal - 4 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 point+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+


Healthy Choice frozen meal - 9 points+
Not the best choice, didn't keep me full!

Weight Watchers Hazelnut smoothie made with 1 cup Light Vanilla Silk - 4 points+
Strawberries - 0 points+
Strawberry Pastry Crisps - 3 points+
Hot Green Tea - 0 points+

Subway Double chopped chicken salad with veggies, provolone cheese, and red wine vinegar - 6 points+
Potato soup - 6 points+

apple - 0 points+
2 sargento sharp cheddar cheese sticks - 3 points+
Greek yogurt protein bar - 5 points+

Used 43 out of 46 points today

Kiddos stayed home from school today and they have already cancelled school for tomorrow.  I am hoping to be able to make it to weigh in tomorrow depending on how I feel.  

That is it for today.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



1 comment: