photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Self-Love Saturday and a New Soup Recipe

Happy Saturday!!  Today has been a great day!!!  I just have to share what another page is doing this coming week.  I take NO credit for the idea, but I am participating and encourage to to check it out.  Start off by watching this video:
Definition Transformation is celebrating our beauty this coming week.  If you post a photo of yourself completely natural on her Facebook page she is sharing them with all of us.  I LOVE this idea.  You all know I struggle with low self-esteem and have a hard time loving myself, so this is a great opportunity to grow.  I shared my picture last night!  I encourage you to share yours.

I made a new soup in the crockpot today!!  This is NOT my recipe.  I got the recipe from Slender Kitchen (click here to see her site)

Slow Cooker Sausage Gnocchi Soup
Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1.25 cups
Nutritional Info: 274 calories, 7.1g of fat, 27.5g carbohydrates, 3.4g dietary fiber, 31g of protein, 5.3g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 6 *

Ingredients
1 lb. low-fat chicken or turkey sausages, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
20 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning or fire roasted
2 cups sliced mushrooms
4 cups kale or spinach
1 10 oz. package gnocchi

Instructions
Add the sausage, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and mushrooms to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
During the last hour of cooking add the spinach and gnocchi.
Serve with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.



3/4 cup quick oats - 6 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 points+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+
sausage and gnocchi soup - 6 points+
Yoplait light peach yogurt - 2 points+
fruit - 0 points+ 

Kashi bar - 4 points+
hot green tea - 0 points+

'
salad - 3 points+
2 pieces veggie pizza - 10 points+


We are heading to a movie so I plan on having a snack when we get home:
apple - 0 points+
2 Sargento reduced fat colby jack cheese sticks - 3 points+
Nature Valley protein bar - 5 points+

Used 42 out of 46 points and met my good health guidelines!

That is it for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari










No comments:

Post a Comment