photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Menu Share

Happy Monday everyone!  I am feeling better today, but not 100%.  I still don't really want to eat anything and nothing really sounds good.  I had my first physical therapy appointment today.  This visit was mostly an evaluation.  The therapist seemed surprised that I told her how active I was before surgery.  I guess it is hard to look at someone my size and think they are active.  Stereotypes suck!  I did like her and she showed me some exercises to do at home.  I have to go at least 2 days a week for a month and then have another evaluation.  I think when I go this week I will take one of my "before" pictures and actually share my story with her.  Tomorrow I have to speak at a Weight Watchers meeting in town (not my usual meeting).  I am really nervous!

I have really been enjoying the Made to Crave online Bible study.  Hard to believe there are only 2 weeks left of the study.  HOWEVER, good news is Proverbs 31 is doing another study for the Made to Crave action plan beginning March 2. Click here for more info!
I really like the verse for this week:
I love the part that say "we are not consumed."  I think sometimes we feel so consumed in our lives, our problems, our struggles, our stresses, etc.  It seems like that is all we can focus on.  Sometimes life can feel like a never ending cycle of the same things over and over again like a hamster on a wheel.  But this verse gives us a promise "Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning."  Each day, God has something new planned for us.  We may not always be able to see it or understand it, but He does.  When we have had a rough day, we are reminded that they are new EVERY morning.  Each morning is a chance to live for God and His will for us.  There is so much I could say about these verses so I will stop here for today and share more tomorrow!

And our word for the week:
This really goes along with the beginning of the book talking about how all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial (1 Cor 10:23).  This really fits in with my Weight Watchers program and I am sure other plans as well.  I get so many points a day.  I can "spend" them on whatever I want really.  But will 46 points worth of candy and fast food be as "beneficial" to me as 46 points worth of lean meats, dairies, fruits, and veggies?  I think this can apply to a lot of areas of our lives.  Just because we "can" or are "allowed" to do something does not necessarily mean it will be "beneficial" to your journey.

I am actually going to try to get back into the routine of cooking my meals again since the doctor has said some light activity is okay!!!

Monday: I don't feel like eating much today so dinner will just be sandwiches for the kids and maybe soup for me
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday: Oven roasted chicken and veggies with brown rice
Thursday: Turkey smoked sausage, roasted potatoes, green beans
Friday: Eat out
Saturday: soup (not sure what kind yet)
Sunday: breakfast for dinner

1/2 cup quick oats - 4 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar - 1 point+
1/8 cup sugar free syrup - 0 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+
2 pieces of toast - 2 points+
applesauce - 0 points+

Nature Valley baked oatmeal bar - 4 points+
hot green tea - 0 points+
chicken noodle soup - 5 points+
6 saltines - 2 points+

Nature Valley protein bar - 5 points+

Used 25 out of 46 points


That is it for today!  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari











No comments:

Post a Comment