photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Days 536-537 - Transformation Tuesday, Recipe, and MORE

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had an AMAZING Easter weekend.  I know I did.  I really enjoyed the time I spent with my family!  Here is my most recent Transformation Tuesday pic:
I am not even halfway to my end goal, but I cannot tell you how different I feel already!

On Saturday I tried out a new recipe that I saw on Emily Bites (if you have never checked out her site, GO NOW).  It was for Carrot Cake donuts.  The recipe makes 6 donuts and each one is 5 points+.  They were very yummy!  Not too sweet, but enough that you felt like you were having a treat!  Click here for the original recipe.



Carrot Cake Doughnuts

yield: 6 DOUGHNUTS
INGREDIENTS:

1 cup white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur Flour – yes, you can use all-purpose instead)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ cup brown sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup grated carrots
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
¾ teaspoon vanilla (divided)
¼ cup + 2 teaspoons skim milk (divided)
2 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon reduced calorie pancake syrup
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Make Raspberry-Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 6 cup doughnut pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and brown sugar until well combined.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg and then add the carrots, oil, applesauce, ½ teaspoon of the vanilla and ¼ cup of milk. Stir until well combined and then add to the dry ingredients from step 2. Mix until well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly into the 6 prepared slots of the doughnut pan. Bake for 15 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Flip the pan to release the doughnuts onto a cooling rack and allow the doughnuts to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons milk and add the cream cheese, syrup and powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined. When doughnuts are cooled, spoon the cream cheese glaze over top.

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
5 per doughnut (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)

Nutrition Information:
181 calories, 27 g carbs, 6 g fat, 5 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

I also wanted to share a verse that has really stuck with me this weekend:
For some reason, I have had this feeling of weight or stress on my shoulders.  This verse really speaks to me. Whatever it is will NOT overwhelm me!  I thought maybe you could use His words today as well!

Tonight for dinner I made an AMAZING pork tenderloin, steamed broccoli, and baked sweet potatoes.  I tried out my new Potato Express Bag:
It worked really well, but was only big enough to cook 2 potatoes at a time.  But they were tasty and it made cooking in the microwave quick and easy!

That is it for today! Tune in tomorrow for a Wowzer Wednesday! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment