photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 524 - Wowzer Wednesday - Meet Mari


Today, I have an incredible story to share with all of you!  I want you to meet Mari.  She joined Weight Watchers on January of 2013 and has lost 151 pounds!  If you need proof that it can be done, HERE YOU GO!


1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a 30-something wife and mother of two kiddos living in the upper Midwest striving to live a healthier life.


2. What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?

I just got tired of being in pain and struggling to do simple every day things due to the extra 200+ pounds I was carrying around. It was time to put myself first and start working towards becoming the person I’m supposed to be!


3. What changes have you made?

I joined Weight Watchers on 1/12/13 and started exercising soon thereafter.


4. How is your life different now?

My life has changed completely. I have changed. I have lost 151.0 pounds since 1/12/13. I now lead a healthy, active life. I look at, and react to, food differently. My choices are now always healthier by both habit and choice! I’ve found that I LOVE any and all vegetables. Even the ones I previously hated I now like because I found that cooking them in different ways will get a different taste! At my highest weight of nearly 370 pounds I never imagined being able to accomplish what I have so far. I Zumba 4-5 times per week, I lift, and I run! Recently, I became an ambassador for a national running group! I am currently up to 7 mile runs and plan to complete my first half marathon in September! Most importantly, I am able to go out and be active with my children! I can go throw the football with my son, practice volleyball with my daughter, and go on family walks ½ mile down the road to enjoy frozen yogurt!


5. Any advice for others on their own journey?

Realize that you’re WORTH the hard work and struggle it will take to becoming a healthier you. The journey will not be easy, and it will be an ongoing struggle for the rest of your life, but I promise it will be worth it!

What an AMAZING story!  I encourage you to go check out her Facebook page for even more inspiration! facebook.com/marisjourney

Thank you Mari for sharing your story with us today!  I love what you say at the end, it is worth it!!!!!!

Tune in tomorrow for weigh-in results.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment