photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 522 - Uniquely Me Monday



Happy Monday everyone.  I had a very ROUGH weekend.  I had a terrible migraine for 3 days and spent most of my time asleep or in bed.  I am feeling better today.  I managed to get my leg workout in and I am starting to feel a slight headache coming on, so I am going to wait and do my cardio later this evening.

You know it is so easy to get sucked into this "fitness" world.  There are hundreds upon hundreds of amazing pages out there.  I always find inspiration everyday just in my Facebook feed.  But there is a danger hidden among all of the inspiration, COMPARISON!  We tend to compare our results and successes with everyone else's.  This can be very damaging to our success and can cause us to actually lose motivation.  I know when I read a status about someone who has been on their journey a shorter amount of time than me, but they have lost more weight, it makes me feel bad.  It makes me feel like I am not doing as well.  When I read about all of the awesome workouts and races being completed, I am envious that I cannot do those things (yet).  Self-doubt creeps in.  Comparing our journey, our workouts, our eating plan, our successes simply sucks the joy right out of all the positives we have accomplished and shines a HUGE light on all of the negatives, things we could have done different or better.  I know this is our human nature and it is very difficult to fight the urge to compare.  BUT, we were all created uniquely.  God has a plan for each one of us and your plan is not the same as my plan.  If he knows us well enough to know how many hairs are on our head (Matthew 10:30), then we should rest assured that we are enough.  We ARE worthy, we are GOOD enough, we do MATTER.  We don't have to live up to a wordly standard, only God's.  We don't have to follow the same path, do the same workouts, eat the same foods.  WE ARE UNIQUE!  I am uniquely me and you are uniquely you.  If all of our posts, blogs, statuses, results, journeys were the same, imagine how boring life would be.  It reminds me of a cartoon my boys used to watch.  "Fairly Odd Parents."  The boy wished for everyone to be the same and then realized how boring it was,
Be PROUD of who you are, your victories and your struggles.  Don't feel guilty if your journey does not look the same as someone else's, be thankful you are even on a journey.  

OKAY, off my soapbox now!  I hope this means something to someone today.  I know I have really been struggling with comparison lately and really wanted to address it.  And to lighten things up, here is a little chocolate Easter humor:

That is it for today!  Sending you all love and healthy wishes (and maybe an SOS call for a life raft if it doesn't stop raining)!

Keep Losing,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment