photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 531 - Wowzer Wednesday - Meet Ashley



Hi everyone!  Today I want to share another inspirational Wowzer Wednesday story with you.  Today I want you to meet Ashley!


Hi , My name is Ashley. I am 24 years old and live in Sacramento CA. I am a mother of 3, Destiny 8, Christian 7 and Hailey Alexis is 3. My highest weight was about 300 pounds at the birth of my son 7 years ago. At the time I was a very young mom in a mentally and physically abusive relationship with a much older man...at that time I thought I was staying for the kids but I ended up leaving for them as well. My life was miserable I was isolated from my family and I took comfort it food. It wasn't abnormal for me to SCARF down 3 pb and j sandwiches in a flash so nobody could see me...even though nobody was there. I lived in the middle of nowhere in NV and the highlight of my week was our weekly trip to walmart and a restaurant. I finally had enough...packed up everything one weekend and came home to Sacramento. I was watching late night infomercials and saw a commercial for TurboJam! It looked so fun and I loved to dance so I just ordered it!! From there I ordered Hip Hop Abs (haha I loved dancing) and lost about 40 pounds...from then I have experimented with the gym and every fad diet around but have finally found what works and what has always worked...beachbody LOL I became a coach because it has helped me accountable and I REALLY want to help people and change lives because I have been alone...I have been with nobody (but my kids) and I know how lonely it is.. The community and the friends I have met are CHANGING my life!!! I have found myself again...that funny fun loving girl that can take on the world with a smile. I am now eating clean and helping convert my family. My kids love working out with me at home and helping mommy cook healthy... This is all process and I myself am learning to trust in it. What advice I would give is don't be afraid to ask for help, inform yourself...find what works for you!! There is no quick fix and you have to work for it so find something you find peace in. My life has changed so much...in August I am starting school at the Paul Mitchell Academy... I hope to open my own day-spa..It ties in with my dream to be a thriving coach helping a ton of people...I just want to help others be positive and feel good...I have met so many beautiful people already on this journey and I hope anyone would reach out to me as well!! I'd love to meet you.

What a story of overcoming and learning to love yourself!  What a great example you are setting for your kids and for other people out there who feel alone. I am so glad you shared with us Ashley.  Here is her contact info.  I encourage you to check out her page!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fitgirlfatbody or http://www.facebook.com/ashleymartinez90

That is it for today!  Tune in tomorrow for Thursday Weigh-In! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment