photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 519 - Taco Salad Yummy, Yummy

If you ever had kids that watched the Wiggles you are now singing the fruit salad song!!! And you are VERY welcome!

Last night I made Taco Salads for dinner!  YUMMMMMMM!  I made them as Simply Filling as I could and I made my own taco seasoning so I could eliminate some of the sodium of the pre-made stuff.
Spring mix - SF
Lean ground beef - SF
Black Beans - SF
Fat Free Cheddar Cheese - SF
Salsa - SF
Fat free Greek yogurt - SF
onion - SF
Olive oil - SF
4 black olives - 0 points+
11 Doritos chips - 4 points+

So I had this HUGE salad for SF and 4 points+ (plus there are enough leftovers I can have one for lunch tomorrow) :) 

Here is how I made my Taco seasoning and it was hubby approved:
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper

You can adjust it to however spicy you like it.  I browned my ground beef with the onion and the olive oil and then stirred in the black beans.  I added my seasoning and about 2/3 cup water and simmered until thickened.

That is it for today!  I am battling a migraine and I am heading for my bed and fan.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes.

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment