photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 497 - Thursday Weigh-In

Happy Thursday!!!! Today was weigh-in day and after a gain of 2.2 last week I was really ready to see the number on the scale go down.  So here it is:
I was down 1.2 for a total loss of 102.6 pounds since November 1, 2012 (497 days).  I was very relieved to see the number on the scale go down.

I just want to tell everyone thank you for the wonderful comments and encouragement I received yesterday after posting pictures of my with my new glasses.  It really meant a lot to me!!!! <3
Last night I share on my Facebook page about how I walked into the kitchen to refill my water bottle.  There on my counter were homemade, giant chocolate chip cookies someone brought us.  I reached into the container and grabbed one.  Took a bite and froze.  What was I doing?  I walked back into the living room and told my son to take it from me.  He told me he didn't want the cookie.  I said I did not care, just get it away from me.  This is mindless eating.  I was NOT hungry, I just saw the cookie and started eating it.I was proud of myself for stopping before I consumed the entire thing.  After my post, I received this message on Facebook:

Hi there!! I am fairly new to your page, and I think you are so inspiring! I have/am struggling with weight and am at my highest weight ever. Your post today stuck in my head - I am so proud of you for overcoming the mindless eating!! That is probably my #1 biggest challenge. My question is how did you overcome it and how long since you started your journey? For me, this is such a mental exercise as well as anything. I want more than anything to lose the weight (for a multitude of reasons!) and I know that I need to eat healthy and exercise, but I can't seem to get past the part of my head that says eat! Eat! Any suggestions or tips for getting over that block? Thank you for your time!!

I was unsure how I was going to answer, but as I wrote my reply, I thought maybe some of you could use the same advice!!! So here was my response:

Thank you for the message. I started my journey on November 1, 2012 at 402.2 pounds. I think the emotional/mental battle has been the hardest part of my journey. I am such am emotional eater. To be honest with you, it is not easy to overcome it. In the beginning I began tracking everything I put in my mouth before I ate or drank it. Before you bite it, write it. If you can make this a habit, it gives you those few seconds before you eat to determine why you are eating. Also, hang up signs around food areas of your house. They can say "are you hungry?" And "don't let your mood eat your food". Get in the habit of stopping before you eat and only eat when you are hungry. The first few weeks it will feel weird, but it will become a habit. And don't deprive yourself of anything, however you chose to track your food plan in occasional treats. I typically have a treat on Thursday after my weigh-in. If I crave something on another day, I just remember that I get a treat on Thursday. And I don't call it a cheat, I call it a treat. I do Weight Watchers so I still count the points for the treat! I hope this helps. Feel free to write me anytime and I will try to help if I can. I'm not a professional, but I am going through it every day! Good luck!!!

I am warning you ahead of time, I was TERRIBLE at taking pictures of my food yesterday,  I apologize.  It was a busy day and I was not feeling well.



banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+
Subway 3" Sunrise Melt made with Egg Whites and Sriracha sauce - 6 points+


Hubby and I had lunch at Red Lobster before my eye appointment.
Salad - 0 points+ (ate before I could take a pic)
Cheddar Bay Biscuit - 4 points+ (also ate too quickly)
Salmon with pineapple salsa - 7 points+
broccoli - 1 point+
roasted veggies - 1 point+
I wasn't feeling good, so I had:
1 cup quick oats - 7 points+
2 tbsp brown sugar - 2 points+
1/4 cup sugar free syrup - 1 point+
2 Lemon Bars my sister made - 8 points+

I used 37 out of 46 points.

That is it for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari





1 comment:

  1. Well done on your loss this week, and congrats on your awesome loss so far. I know what you mean about the mindless eating, that is one of my big downfalls :( Going to have to really work on this when I am stuck at home after surgery. Looking forward to meeting you at fitbloggin, it was my first time going last year and I loved it

    ReplyDelete