photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 494 - ME, ME, ME, ME Monday

I LOVE writing this blog and I LOVE having my Facebook page.  But there are times that I wonder if I am being too boastful or prideful by writing about myself all of the time.  It has really been bothering me lately.  Especially when I let myself get upset that I have "lost" likes or received a negative comment.  So I thought I would take some time and actually research what it mean to boast.  So here is the definition of boast from the Merriam Webster Dictionary.

boast

noun \ˈbōst\
: a statement in which you express too much pride in yourself or in something you have, have done, or are connected to in some way

: a reason to be proud : something impressive that someone or something has or has done


So now I have to figure out if what I am doing is boasting in myself with all these entries.  Sure, I talk about my successes, but I also talk about my struggles and my failures.  When I first started I was writing for me, to chronicle this journey.  Somehow it has grown to reach thousands of people in many different countries.  And I will admit, I think my head got a little but too big.  It felt good to hear the kind words and see the numbers go up.  I started thinking about what I could write that would gain me more likes, gain me more popularity.  NOT GOOD!  I would worry that what I would say would "lose" people.  It all started when I lost likes for posting about my weight gain and then showing my tummy for the Love Your Tummy Project.  I think I was so worried about pleasing my readers that I forgot my purpose and direction.  Now, you may not agree with me and that is okay.  This is something I want to work on.  During my Bible study today, I came across these verses:

Ephesians 2:8-10

The Message (MSG)

7-10 Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.

I read these verses in several different translations.  I really liked how The Message put it.  My favorite part was "We don't play the major role."  Yes, I write this blog, yes I created the Facebook page.  BUT, without God there would be nothing.  He created me, He has laid out this path for me, and I must learn to boast in Christ alone.  I don't want the "fame" (and I say that lightly, can't think of another word) of my story to make me forget the One who created that story.  
I plan on spending the next however many days it takes to do some more research and Bible study on this topic.  More than anything I want my life to be a reflection of the work He has done in me.  I refuse to be ashamed of His word and my beliefs.  
No longer will I let what is "popular", what will get me the most likes, what will not offend people dictate what I write about.  If I offend someone, don't read it!  I will still be writing about my journey to become healthier and happier, but I must shift the focus to how HE is helping me achieve those goals.

Sunday's are usually my rest days, but I am participating in 2 different challenges.  One to get activity in every day in March and the other tow workout for 100 days straight.  So today I tried Yoga.  I really liked it, but I learned that it is not all relaxing.  It really works some muscles.  I also learned that I have ZERO balance!!!



Nature Valley protein bar - 5 points+
banana - 0 points+
black coffee - 0 points+

Lean Cuisine spinach mushroom pizza - 9 points+
pineapple - 0 points+
Yoplait light strawberry yogurt - 2 points+
1 cup Krave cereal - 4 points+
hot green tea - 0 points+
1 cup quick oats - 7 points+
baked apple - 0 points+
2 tsp canola oil - 2 points+
2 tbsp brown sugar - 2 points+

 To make the baked apple I simply diced up an apple and put it in a steamer bag with some stevia, 1 tsp corn starch, cinnamon, and a tad bit of water.  Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.  These are SO good with yogurt, cool whip, ice cream, or in oatmeal!

pretzel crisps - 3 points+
2 Sargento reduced fat colby jack cheese sticks - 3 points+
Fiber One cookie - 3 points+ (not pictured)

Yesterday I used 40 out of 46 points.

That is it for today.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari









1 comment:

  1. Great post Kari....it's your blog, your journey and your way! Keep doing it your way!

    ReplyDelete