photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Freedom from Fear and Failure


I think it is funny how I never really know what I am going to blog about from day to do.  However, most times life really speaks to me and tells me what to write.  Last night, as I was reading my Jesus Calling devotional I really got to thinking about a LOT of things.  I love how just that short devotion each day can bring on hours of reflection and healing.  So here is the part that really spoke to me and sparked my reflection:
I got to thinking about all of the things that I have let "define" me.  Here is my list:
  • I became a widow and a single mom at 29. (I have since remarried, Click here for more)
  • I am morbidly obese.
  • I am legally blind (click here for more)
  • I suffer from chronic migraines.
  • I have degenerative osteo-arthritis especially in my hips, knees, and feet
  • I COULD GO ON AND ON
And then I re-read the above post.  I was only meant to go through these things ONE time.  Why do I keep defining myself by all the trials.  Sure they made me who I am and a stronger person, but they do not define me.  Reflecting on them over and over does not good for my present and future.  I think I suffer from TWO problems: fear and failure.  I am so afraid of what is going to happen that I forget that I am not in control anyway.  I am also so worried about failing that I sometimes refuse to even try.  I am working on all of this along my journey to become happier and healthier.  You may think it has nothing to do with health/fitness/weight loss, but for me it is the #1 part of my journey.  I LOVE this song:
My chains are GONE.  There is freedom from fear and failure!  I don't have to live that way anymore.  Now, don't get me wrong I am not magically fixed.  I will always struggle with this, but I know where to turn to get my strength!

Whatever you struggle with, whether it is fear and failure, or anything else.  REMEMBER, alone you will not make it through in one piece, but there is HELP, there is HOPE.  Remember when we are weak, HE is strong.  

I leave you all with those thoughts!  Have an amazing weekend!

Keep Losing,
Kari







No comments:

Post a Comment