photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Menu Share and Make a Difference

Happy Monday!  The start of another week!  I am excited about the online Bible study I am doing to go with the Made to Crave book that I love.  Each week there is a verse and a word to study and reflect on.  The verse for this week is:
As I read this verse, I think about my food addiction.  I could easily replace the words Lord and Living God with the word FOOD!  It is a daily struggle for me.  I know that I am learning to crave God more than food.  I think this verse is very appropriate!

The word for the week is EMPOWER!
What does it mean to you to be empowered?  For me it means to realize that I HAVE A CHOICE!  God has given me the strength along this journey and it my choice whether or not to do it or just to keep on with the same ole bad habits that got me to over 400 pounds.
On Monday's I am going to start really making an effort to make a difference.  We talk about doing it all the time, but if I make it a part of my routine, I am more accountable.  I do not like to share what I do for this.  I do not want the recognition for the kindnesses I share.  So I do them without glory for me, but with all glory to GOD!  I encourage you to think about how you can make a difference in the life of someone around you.  Here are a few ideas:
  • Pay for the coffee of the person behind you at Starbucks
  • Send a card to someone who is struggling with something
  • Give a compliment
  • Help someone load their groceries
  • Let a car pull out in front of you
  • Leave a little extra tip at a restaurant.
It doesn't have to be expensive or grandiose.  The smallest things can mean the biggest things to others.

Monday:  Spaghetti, Salad (I am making my own sauce for the first time tonight).
Tuesday: Taco Salads
Wednesday: Shrimp, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
Thursday: Roasted chicken and veggies

Friday: EAT OUT (NO KIDS)
Saturday: Homemade veggie soup
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner

If the recipe is good for the sauce, I will share it on my Facebook page later today!

I saw the massage therapist today for my tight and sore calves.  It was not as painful as I thought it would be.  They also did some laser therapy on my sore feet.  I think I will take today off and decide how I feel tomorrow as far as added activity goes.  I am really struggling with a migraine today and I really want to lay down (ain't nobody got time for that).

Well, I am going to go for now!  Sending you all love and healthy thoughts!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment