photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, January 10, 2014

Fighting For ME Friday

So this week has really  had me doing a lot of soul-searching and reflecting on EVERYTHING!  My "likes" on my Facebook page have gone up, down, up, down, up, down, some blog posts aren't getting read by many, and I was feeling sorry for ME.  BUT, I am done.  I have realized (remembered) why I even started this blog and my Facebook page.  I knew I was not going to become some famous person with tens of thousands of likes.  I was doing it for ME!
This is MY journey, my record of successes and failures, my accountability, my motivation.  YES, I want to inspire others, but I have to come first.  I am sorry if that sounds selfish, but I know that 2, 3, 4, or 5 years down the road, I can come back and read these entries and see how my journey has progressed.  I think I have always worried about what other people thought above what I thought about myself.  I have to work on this.  If someone does not like what I have to say or share, they don't have to like my page.  I will NOT stop talking about Jesus, God, or my Faith just because numbers go down.  Without those things, there is no me.  
I am not ashamed of my beliefs.  I will not every shame you for yours.

If I want to post something, I am going to do it for ME, I am going to fight for ME, because I AM WORTH IT!  I am not going to post things just because it might be what gets me more attention.  THAT STOPS TODAY!  

Okay, sorry for the little rant, but I had to vent it a little and like I have said before writing is like my therapy!  I did want to share a bit of last night's devotion from Jesus Calling:
"I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with my will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move towards your goal, but don't be discouraged-never give up!  With My help, you can overcome any obstacle.  Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.

Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come.  One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events.  If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment.  Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let me set the pace.  Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence."

That really spoke to me.  Was I doing things in my own timing and that is why I was getting so discouraged and frustrated?  I am ready to slow down, enjoy things, and rely on HIM for everything!

The past two days of trying Weight Watcher's simply filling program have gone really well.  I am LOVING the food I am eating and I kinda like the challenge of trying to figure out the program!  I am ready for the weekend with a Simply Filling chili recipe to make tomorrow.  And my Colts play the Patriots tomorrow night!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to say bye for now!  Sending you all love and healthy, happy wishes for the weekend!

Keep Losing,
Kari




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the simply filling plan is working for you. I tried it back when it was Core and I definitely lost weight, but it wouldn't fit into my lifestyle right now. Plus, I need to track....

    ReplyDelete