photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Menu Share and Who is Watching You???

Happy Monday!  FINALLY a normal start to a week!  Kids are back to school and I can get a routine going again!  We had a wonderful weekend (even though the Colts lost).  Saturday my 12 year old and I took a bike ride.  Sunday my 13 year old and I took a nice long walk.  The weather was so nice, we couldn't help but get out in it.  Here are my two babies after our workout the other night:
Even though I have been on this healthier lifestyle for a little over 14 months, I had not really pushed the changes in my boys.  Now, they are not "fat", but both of them are a little chubby and need to learn a healthy approach to food.  I don't buy the same food I used to so there is not "junk" for them to eat in the house.  But they are not always here and have to learn to make those choices for themselves.  My oldest seems really interested in losing some weight.  He had all of us weigh in at home and he made a weight loss chart for our fitness room.  I have really been talking to him about how just exercising will not help him become healthier.  He has to watch his diet as well.  I have noticed him paying a little more attention to his food this week. So I am anxious for him to weigh-in on Thursday and see if he is down any!  Our kids watch everything we do.  They learn from us, they become versions of us.  I do not want my boys to grow up a food addict like me.  I am hoping I have made these changes early enough that it will affect them in a positive way.  I want them to see food as fuel for their bodies and exercise as an enjoyable activity.  PLEASE remember that kids (even if they are not yours) learn from our example.
Now if I could just get my hubby to get on board! Any advice??????????

Here is my verse for the week:

I truly believe those words.  Christ gives me strength to do things I would never imagine I could do! My strength in myself is nothing!

Here is my dinner menu for the week:

Monday: Roasted Chicken and veggies with brown rice
Tuesday: DIY - This is DO IT YOURSELF night.  I have an out of town appointment so we will all fend for ourselves.
Wednesday: Meatloaf Muffins (from Emily Bites), potatoes, green beans
Thursday: Spaghetti and salad
Friday: SUBWAY!!!!
Saturday: Taco Soup
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: pancakes, eggs, and turkey sausage

I think that is all for today!!!  Sending you all love and healthy thoughts!

Keep Losing,
Kari








1 comment:

  1. Hi Kari, I recently started doing weight watchers myself. My hubby is doing it with me but is protesting along The way! It's really hard to find motivation for yourself and others when you think differently. I'm having trouble finding a balance being very structured no junk food for me and letting my hubby indulge without it hurting me. It helps us both to find healthy alternatives to our fav foods like like using lean meat and low carb pita bread for burgers. You have to push him and find what his life is lacking or will improve on to get him started. For us it's so we can have kids.
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Popular-Weight-Loss-Motivation-Tips-29233906#opening-slide
    That link had a bunch of cute motivation techniques that might help. Good luck what you're doing for yourself and family is awesome!

    ReplyDelete