photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Transformation Tuesday and a Tasty Lunch

Happy Transformation Tuesday.

I am feeling emotionally a bit better today.  My doctor cancelled my appointment due to the weather so I was bummed about that.  BUT, we did get out of the house today.  We drove into Bloomington (about 30 minutes from us) and ate lunch at Olive Garden.  I usually get the same thing there every time, but they had some new items on their "Lighter Fare" menu.  Much to the embarrassment of hubby and boys, I asked our waiter if they had the nutrition facts for their new items.  He brought me a very nice brochure that has the nutrition facts for their entire menu and I got to keep it!!!  I figured some points and settled on the new Garlic Rosemary Chicken.  It came with two pieces of chicken in a yummy sauce, sauteed spinach, and garlic mashed potatoes.  It was 13 points+ for the entire meal and VERY filling.  I almost couldn't eat it all.  I also got Minestrone soup and it was 2 points+.  LOVE that soup.  I was a good girl and stayed away from the breadstick basket and the deep fried appetizers my family had.  I was very satisfied for only 15 points+!! Don't be ashamed to ask for nutrition facts and special order your food.  Remember we are WORTH it!! And honestly, most waiters and waitresses don't mind.
We also went to Sam's Club and I got lots of fresh produce!!  I also saw these new Special K treats and decided I had to try them.  They are caramel pretzel flavor.  They are pretty small and 2 points+ each. I tried one tonight and they are not bad, but not something I would want to spend 2 points+ on very often.  So I hope hubby and the kids like them!!!
We also made a stop at Starbucks and I had a grande skinny hazelnut latte!!!  SO YUMMY and only 3 points+ and it counts as a dairy serving.  So needless to say when we got home this evening, I was not very hungry for dinner.  I just finished a bowl of oatmeal for supper!! :) Later I will have an apple and hot tea for my 8:00 snack!  AND The Biggest Loser is on tonight! Can't wait!
I saw this quote on someone's Facebook page last night and had to share. It really spoke to how I had been feeling lately.  I also think it was good for me to open up to everyone about how I was feeling.  Sometimes taking off your "perfection" mask and letting people see your struggles helps you and you never know who else it may help!  

Kids were home AGAIN today and will be home AGAIN tomorrow!  I don't know if they will ever get to go back to school!  I love having them home, but I am kinda missing my quiet times!

Well, I am going to say goodbye for now! Sending love and healthy thoughts to all of you!

Keep Losing,
Kari



No comments:

Post a Comment