photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wowzer Wednesday

Today, meet Melani!

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm Melani, mom of three young children and a military wife. We have a very busy or even crazy life but I love every second of it! I love scrap booking and doing photography but those have taken a back burner to my new love/obsession health and fitness, until of course I learn to valance everything better.

2. What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?

In May 2013 I decided instead of telling my kids no to swimming,running at the park or sliding etc I was going to change for them and would do whatever it took to give them a happy healthy mom who was not embarrassed to leave the house.

3. What changes have you made?

I started with cutting out my pop addiction, at that point I had been drinking a minimum of 4l of Pepsi a day it became breakfast lunch and supper along with a large bag of chips or chocolate bar so I knew that habit had to stop right then! Once I cut that junk out I decided eating once a day was also bad so started working on 3 proper meals and snacks in between, from there I added in 3k to 5k walks every day and switched to much cleaner eating options! I still gave bad days or weeks but they are just a learning process.

4. How is your life different now?

Oh gosh everything is different for me now, I am more positive have a ton more energy and I rarely tell my kids no to a walk or dancing around the house, I don't get out of breath walking up or down the stairs and I can get off the furniture and floor easier too. Losing almost 50lbs has made a huge impact on my life personally,family wise and romantically!

5. Any advice for others on their own journey?

You cannot be afraid you have to just go for it. Others may judge you or critique you but YOU need to want to make changes and go after your dreams. Don't let others determine your destiny. It's certainly not an easy journey but it is one that's well worth the effort and I promise you'll love the end result! Join pages on Facebook you'll find so many motivating and Inspiring supportive people it'll make you want to "go for it" that's what got me moving. I now live by a quote I recently had tattooed on me "Accept no ones definition of your life, define yourself"

I don't have a blog but I am on Instagram (BehindTheBulge) and my page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-The-Bulge-Whats-Hiding-Underneath/358502027614368

I've attached a couple photos, since may 2013 I've lost almost 50lbs and hoping to shed another 50lbs, I recently started p90x3 and will review it as I go and share my updated progress along the way.


I encourage you to go and "like" her Facebook page.  She is so inspiring!  Thanks Melani for sharing your story with all of us.

It has been a good day here.  Boys had a 2 hour delay because of the extreme cold this morning.  I plan on trying a new recipe tonight so I will share if it turns out yummy!!

Sending you all love and healthy thoughts!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment