photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Weigh-In

Weigh-In Day!!!!!!!  I was not really wanting to weigh-in today.  My eating had been okay, but I have noticed I have really been eating more "treats" and processed food even though it fit into my points plan.  Plus, I took my measurements this morning and over the past month, I have gained inches.  Granted I did get a new tape measure as my old one was stretched out.  Plus, I feel really bloated today.  Excuses, excuses, excuses!!  BUT, I did weigh-in and here are the results:
I think the math is wrong in my book, because when I entered it in Weight Watchers it said I was only down 0.4 pounds for a total of 97.4 gone.  But either way, I am DOWN!!!  Everyone at my meeting keeps asking if I am at 100 yet.  Won't be too much longer.

AND, my sister lost 11 pounds in her first week!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND, my awesome leader, got me all the low vision materials today.  So now I can read everything without my magnifiers!!!!!




And here are my measurements for January (I forgot to measure last Thursday):
Start December January Monthly Loss Total Loss
Waist 67 48 48.4 -0.4 18.6
Hips 73 58 60.8 -2.8 12.2
Bust 60 49 50.9 -1.9 9.1
Arms 23 15.5 18.4 -2.9 4.6
Thighs 37 27 30.7 -3.7 6.3
-11.7 50.8

I did not even want to share these and I almost didn't, but I know when the first of February rolls around, I will regret not having a number for January!  So in the spirit of being open and honest, I have posted them! :) 

I had my post-op visit this morning.  He said that I am released from any restrictions as long as the activity does not cause any added pain!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He said the cramping and bleeding is normal and should go away over the next few weeks!

Now you all know I LOVE Weight Watchers and the freedom it gives me in food choices.  But as I stated earlier, I have strayed away from "clean" eating.  So starting today and for the next week (at least), I am going to try the Simply Filling technique that Weight Watchers offers.  This technique really pushes eating clean, unprocessed foods (which WW calls Power Foods).  There is a weekly allowance for indulgences.  So I am going to give it a try and see if I can get my groove back!  I will let you know how it goes throughout the week!  If you want more information on this technique, click here, to go to Brooke's blog entry where she explains it much better than I ever could!

January 1, I started reading Jesus Calling.  If you have not read this book, I highly recommend it and I have only read 8 days worth.  Last night as I was reading the day's devotion I highlighted this:
It was like those words were meant just for me.  With all the struggles I have had lately, God spoke to me at the perfect time, using the perfect words.  I will continue to cling to Him!!  And here is our verse for the week:
What an awesome promise!  We will have trouble, but HE has overcome the world and HE gives us peace!!  Rest assured that He has a plan for you!  TRUST, FAITH, LOVE, PEACE!!

AND I rambled a lot, but I am in a good mood so there!!!  That is all for today!  Have a wonderful evening!  Sending love and healthy thoughts to all of you!

Keep Losing,
Kari







1 comment:

  1. Kari, so sorry I missed you today. Had problems at work and couldn't get there until 2. Hurray for your loss. I was up 2+ lbs but considering all I am good with that. Now I have a start # for the new year and we are going to be great. Following SF also. See you next week? Hello to sister too.

    ReplyDelete