photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Menu Share, Food Find, Recipe, and MORE

First off, let me apologize in advance for the length of this post!  I have SO much I want to share today.  I decided to unplug from social media for the weekend and it was very nice and relaxing.  I did miss checking in with everyone though!  In the honor of being 100% transparent and honest, I admit that my weekend was not the best eating wise.  I treated myself a few too many times.  I was probably within my points, but I really didn't even track at all. :( I have such a mental addiction to my Thursday weigh-ins.  I knew I didn't get to weigh in this week due to y foot surgery and I let that affect my plan.  NO MORE!  Today, I am right back on it 100%.  So what can you learn from my mistake, if you fall down and mess up, get right back up and keep going!

I have decided to go back to tracking points for awhile with this surgery.  I am going to have to rely on my kids and hubby to prepare my food and I think it would be easier to count points for a couple weeks.

I did make some very yummy vegetable beef soup on Saturday.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz of sirloin (or other lean meat) trimmed into soup sized pieces
  • 8 cups fat free beef broth
  • 1 package of frozen mixed veggies (I used the Pictsweet vegetable soup mix 28 oz) You could also use fresh veggies if desired!
  • 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 7 oz. whole wheat pasta, cooked (I used elbow macaroni, or you could omit this)
  • salt, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste 
Directions:
  • In a large pot, heat up 2 tsp of the olive oil on medium-high heat.  Add steak and cook until browned.  Remove steak with a slotted spoon.
  • Add remaining oil.  Reduce heat to medium-low.  Ad veggies.  Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes.
  • Add remaining ingredients and the cooked steak.  Bring to a boil.  Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours.  The longer the better!  Add additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
  • ENJOY!!
This recipe makes about 10 servings of 1 cup each.  The entire recipe is Simply Filling or one serving is 4 points+.
Yesterday, I also tried one of the new Smart Ones soups.  These are with the frozen meals at the grocery store.  I had the loaded potato version.  It was 4 points+.  It was good, but it would not keep me full if that is all I ate.  So if you add in a yogurt and a fruit or veggie it would make a convenient lunch in a pinch!
Usually, I try to reward myself for every 25 pounds that I lose. (NON FOOD REWARD).  So for reaching my 100 pound loss, I ordered these two things off of Amazon:
The first one has two containers that can be used for oil or vinegar.  You can press a button and it will measure it out for you!! LOVE this idea for getting my healthy oils in every day! Now I don't have to keep searching for my measuring spoons.  The second one is a topper you put on your salad dressing container that will portion it out for you!  I haven't tried them yet, but I am excited to see how they work.  
This week's menu will only have the meals for the next three days.  I am having foot surgery Thursday and my hubby and kids will be in charge after that.  I plan on buying some convenient, healthy foods for them to make for me!

Monday: Out to Bob Evans
Tuesday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wednesday: Turkey Smoked Sausage, Mac and Cheese for kids, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans

And here is our verse for the week:
This verse is so relevant to me this week.  As I am facing a surgery and the fears of not being active and relying on others for my food.  I know I have to cast ALL those cares on HIM!

And our word for the week:
Even though I had a rougher weekend than I would have liked, I am determined to succeed!  Not much will stop me.  Even when I make a mistake, I am determined to get right back up and keep on keeping on!

I also thought I would start adding what I am eating each day to my blog.  Let me know if this is helpful or too much info!
Nature Valley Protein Bar - 5 points+
Banana - 0 points+
Black Coffee - 0 points+

Leftover Vegetable Beef Soup - 4 points+
Yoplait Light Key Lime Pie Yogurt - 2 points+
Water

Pineapple - 0 points+
Special K Pastry Crisp - 3 points+
Hot Green Tea - 0 points+

Bob Evans
Salad without cheese or croutons - 0 points+
Light Ranch Dressing - 3 points+
Cup of Potato Soup - 5 points+
1 slice of banana nut bread - 5 points+

Apple - 0 points+
Starbucks Grande Skinny Hazelnut Latte - 3 points+
2 pieces Sargento Reduced Fat Cheddar - 3 points+

Total Points for today - 33 out of 46

That is it for today!  Sorry again for my lengthiness.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes.

Keep Losing,
Kari 











1 comment:

  1. I would love it if you posted pics of your meals every day!

    ReplyDelete