photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

WOWZER Wednesday and Merry Christmas!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of my "loser" friends!!!!  I hope you all enjoy this day!

I have decided that on Wednesday's, I would like to start sharing successful, inspirational stories from awesome people I am connected with through blogs and Facebook! Reading and learning how others have learned to live happier and healthier is such a boost to our own journeys.  SO, to start off here is Holly from  The Incredible Shrinking Momma!  I cannot tell you how much she has motivated and encouraged me along my journey!

  • Tell us a little about yourself
I am a 43 year old housewife/mom I have 2 older boys, a teen daughter and a toddler...
  • What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?
I always "knew" that I was going to have to change something, but put it off for YEARS, our toddler has a life threatening tree nut allergy and we have a special needs daughter, who relies on us, but mainly me for EVERYTHING AND I was spending so much time reading labels for nuts and I thought...who would do all of this if something happened to me? It scared me ALOT so I decided to make a change.
  • What changes have you made? 
The first month I tried a "diet" but I was struggling horribly on it, I needed more options and guidance... So I did a lot of research and joined a free calorie counting site that helped me track everything that I ate or drank, workouts, etc... I started eating as healthy as I could and drinking a gallon of water a day, and walking around the block everyday. As time went on I walked more, learned more and started feeling so amazing.
  •  How is your life different now?
I am a 100% different person than I was before, every aspect of my life has changed. I am SO MUCH happier, I feel fantastic, no more aches & pains. I'm able to run and play with my kids, I cook all of our meals and our family is smaller and healthier, we are very active and have discovered hiking. Life is still challenging but it's SO MUCH EASIER to get through it now!
  • Any advice for others on their own journey?
Find what works for you, do research and discover things that you can keep up with for a lifetime, and not just during a "diet" drink LOTS of water, and cut the sugar.... Have some treats sometimes and don't be super strict. Be patient and try to enjoy the process as you go!!

Isn't she amazing????? Holly, thanks so much for letting me share your story and for all the love and support you give me   You can follow her journey on Facebook and believe me she is AWESOME!!!!  Click here to go to her page!

Well, I am off to enjoy Christmas with my family!  Sending you lots of love and healthy thoughts!!!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment