photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Transformation Tuesday and Truthful Tuesday

Hello all my friends!  It is Christmas Eve!  My kids are so excited, but I think I may be more excited.  I love this time of the year, when all of my family and friends get together and just spend time together!  My parents and my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew are coming over this afternoon and will stay the night with us.  We will have our traditional Christmas Eve lasagna!

Well, now for some not so nice news.  Yesterday was my surgery.  It went well, and I am feeling okay today.  Just having some cramps (kinda feels like labor), but nothing I can't handle.  WELL, the downside is that I gave in and ate poorly yesterday!  I can't believe I did it.  I did great on breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  However, the snacking in between got to me.  I ate about 4 pieces of fudge, 2 peanut butter balls, and a slice of pumpkin pie!  I can't believe I had to type that and share with you all! Now the upside is that I did track every bite that I ate.  And even though I had to use some of my extra weekly points, I was still considered "on plan."  I was so mad at myself last night.  But after I got up this morning and started thinking about it, I was ready to move on.  This is a lifelong battle I will have.  I will mess up, I will make mistakes.  I could make excuses for my behaviors yesterday: I was drugged up, I deserved it, I was hurting. blah blah blah.  But I KNEW what I was doing, and I chose to do it anyway.  And now I will get back up, learn from those choices, and move on.  Beating myself up all day will not change anything.  I read a blog entry from Finding Her Happy Pace.  She went to a Christmas get together and she enjoyed herself and forgot all the guilt even though the scale had said she was up that morning.  Her words are helping me move on today! Food addiction is a mean and nasty thing!  BUT, we can beat it.  That doesn't mean we won't fall once in awhile, but when we do fall we get back up!  Here is a great quote that I stumbled on today:
And now for Transformation Tuesday!  I have no new pictures to share with you all!  I plan on taking some over the next few days and I will be sharing with you.  But a picture is not all that has changed with me.  So I though that today I would share some other things that have transformed:
  • My self-image - I am learning to like (love) who I am.
  • I am learning from my mistakes.
  • I am starting to believe in myself more.
  • I can (most of the time) accept a compliment.
  • I have 1000% more energy.
  • My kids are learning healthy habits from me.
  • People tell me they are proud of me.
I could probably keep going all day!  AND NOT ONE OF THE WAS SCALE RELATED!  I am so caught up on reaching a number goal, sometimes I have to remind myself that a number CAN NOT AND DOES NOT define me.  
Well I am off for the day!!!!  I hope you all enjoy time with your family and friends.  Tune in tomorrow for a WOWZER Wednesday post that will blow you away!!

Merry Christmas!
Keep Losing,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment