photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Loss, candy, and Jesus

Today started off with some sad news.  I found out that a lady that I had been following on Facebook passed away the day after Thanksgiving after suffering from a seizure.  She was a wonderful, motivational, inspirational person.  My prayers go out to her family and all the people who were touched by her story.  Elisa, you will be missed by many!

Today has been a busy day!  I had planned on making my spaghetti squash for dinner, but we ended up eating out at a pizza place.  I had a grilled chicken salad!  YUMMY!  I can't believe how much I enjoy fruits and veggies now!  I actually crave them, even though I still crave Reese's too! AND my hubby has a whole box of Reese's Cups next to him tonight.  He even threw one at me, and I proudly threw it back!  I am determined to hit 100 pounds gone before 2014!

I have talked about this book a lot in my posts!  I have finally finished reading it.  There is SO much in there that I would love to share with all of you, but it would be impossible to share all the good stuff in this book!  I HIGHLY recommend reading this book if you have an unhealthy relationship with food.  I am sad that I am done reading it, BUT there is a companion devotional that I am going to get and start January 1.  If anyone else has other book recommendations, PLEASE share! Knowledge is power when dealing with food addiction.  So, since I cannot share everything I would like, I decided to share a prayer that Lysa shares at the end of this book.  It sums up a lot, so here it is:

Dear Jesus,
I have finally found the courage to admit I've craved food more than You.  I have wept over giving up food while hardly giving a thought to You giving Your life for my freedom.  I've been bound up by feelings of helplessness.  I've been angry that I have to deal with this weight issue and have been mad at You for allowing this to be one of my lots in life.  I've made excuses.  I've pointed fingers.  I've relied on food for things it could never give me.  I've lied to myself about the realities of why I gain weight.  I've settled and excused and made pithy comments justifying my issues.  I've been enthralled by buttered bread while yawning through Your daily bread.
For all that, I am so sorry.  These are not just little issues.  These for me, are sins-missing the mark of Your best for my life.  With my whole heart, mind, and soul, I repent.  I stand on this step and stare at the reality of my depravity and turn.  I turn from what I must give up and weep no more.  I remove my toe keeping open the door to my old habits and patterns, my old mind-set, my old go-to scripts.
I choose freedom,  I choose victory.  I choose courage. And yes, above all else, I choose You.
Amen

WOW!!!!
No way could I say anything more than that!  She has a way with words that just makes so much sense!!  She is so real!  If you have not read this book, GO READ IT!!! You won't be sorry!
Here is my Transformation Tuesday picture!  I actually bought NEW clothes yesterday!  It felt so good to have clothes that fit, even though I drove hubby crazy because I kept asking if I looked okay.  I am so self-conscious!  I posted a picture of myself on Facebook last night and I was SHOCKED by the response I got.  It reached over 14,000 people, got over 500 likes, and like 100 comments!  I love you guys!  You keep me going!

That is all for tonight!  Excited to watch the Biggest Loser tonight!  Sending you all LOVE and happy wishes!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment