photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Overwhelmed and Grateful



Kids are home AGAIN today for another snow day! I love having them home, but I would rather have them home when we can actually get outside and now they will have to make these days up when the weather is nicer. Oh well!

Today has been a little bit overwhelming.  I shared my Transformation Tuesday picture with a few pages and the response I have gotten has been AMAZING!  I am really trying to get back to each person but at the rate my little page is growing, I apologize if I miss anyone.  I also feel a bit sad that not more people are reading my blog posts.  Yesterday's post only had 35 reads.  BUT, then I remember what I said on my very first post.  I am doing this for ME first to document my journey.  And then I get some amazing messages  from readers that just make me realize that even if I just inspire one person I have done something more than I set out to do.  I got a very nice message yesterday from a lady who was struggling with staying on a plan and getting in her exercise.  As I typed up my response to her last night, I thought it was a nice thing to share with all of you. So here is a little about what I am about:

"Thank you for the compliment. I will tell you that it is not always easy. I struggle to make the right choice A LOT! It is really hard when others around me are still eating the things that got me to 402 pounds. I just felt different this time starting out. I knew I wanted this for me and not because someone else made me feel guilty. I have an addiction to food. I battle it everyday. I just try to make the best choices I can and when I mess up, I move on and make a better choice for the next thing I eat. I subscribe to the Weight Watchers magazine and I have bought several of their cookbooks. That has helped a lot with meal planning. I also just took the things my family loved and found ways to make it fit into my plan. Like when I make spaghetti, I now use whole wheat pasta, make my own sauce, lean ground beef, and I usually add steamed broccoli. I sit down every Sunday and plan my dinners out for the week. If I can make anything in advance or chop anything up, I go ahead and do it on Sunday. I always try to share my weekly dinner menu on my blog and when I try a new recipe I try to share that there as well. My breakfasts are pretty boring. I love oatmeal and a banana. Some morning I have eggs with turkey sausage. For lunch, sometimes I have leftovers, or a greek yogurt and fruit, or a salad (Subway has AMAZING salads). I always have a snack at about 3:00 and 8:00 to keep fueling my body. I eat ALL of my daily points and only occasionally use my extra points. I get all of my good health guidelines in everyday, especially drinking LOTS of water. 

As far as moving goes, started out at 402.2 pounds. Moving was the LAST thing I wanted to do. I turned one of my spare bedrooms into a home gym. I convinced my husband to buy me an elliptical because I thought it would be easier than my treadmill. HA HA! I could only do 5 minutes when I first started. So I would do 5 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minutes on the bike, and 5 minutes on the treadmill. Each week I tried to add 1 more minute to each. I also LOVE Leslie Sansone's videos. I have started some weight lifting with my Bowflex, dumbbells, and kettle bells. I also bought a new bike and found that I LOVE to ride my bike. I started not even being able to go a mile and now I can ride 8 miles to the store and back. ANY movement is more than what you are doing now. Start slow. Some people lose their first 50-100 pounds without any exercise at all. 
When you mess up (and you will), don't let it ruin the rest of the day. Just because you splurged at lunch doesn't mean the whole day is shot. Pick yourself on and keep going. You will have to live this way the rest of your life and birthday cakes, fudge, movie popcorn, and other yummies will be a part of that life. The nice thing about Weight Watchers is that you CAN have those things. Just work them into your plan. 
You CAN do this. There are a lot of us on this journey together. Obesity is something that we CAN change.


Hope this helps. Sorry for the lengthiness. Feel free to ask any questions or just to vent or celebrate along the way!"


Now I am not saying that Weight Watchers is the ONLY way, but it is the way that has worked for me. I am so nervous of failing and letting people down.

I am saying bye for now! Sending love to you all!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment