photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Catching Up and December Goals

I feel like I haven't written a post in a long time.  I chose to take the holiday away from social media to focus on spending quality time with my family.  I said I would be back Monday, but since today is the 1st of December, I am making an entry today to set some new goals for December and review my November goals.  Here were my goals from November:

1.    Walk and bike a combined 50 miles (I will count the treadmill and stationary bike as well). - I nailed this one!  Exactly 50 miles!!!!

2.     Lose 5 pounds for the month! (I would really like to lose 8, so I reach 100 by Thanksgiving but I don’t want to set my goal too high). - I did not meet this goal.  I was only down 0.6 for the entire month.  I am disappointed, but moving on!

1.  Lose 8 pounds so I reach 100 pounds lost by 2014.

2.  Actively participate in the Skinny Snowman Challenge.  Click here for a link to the challenge.  I encourage you to check it out!!!

Since I haven't touched base with you all since last Tuesday, I am going to recap the last few days for you. 

Wednesday:  Wednesday started off with a wellness check at the chiropractor.  I had been having some really severe pain in my right hip.  Come to find out, my SI joint is inflamed again.  I got orders to take it easy for the rest of the week and weekend.  I see her again tomorrow for more therapy and hopefully can get back to some activity.  We went into town on Wednesday and ate out for both lunch and dinner.  I was good and stayed on plan (even though I was starting to stress about getting everything ready for Thanksgiving).  We took the boys to see the new Hunger Games movie that night.  It was really good!!

Thursday, Thanksgiving Day:  I got up at about 6:00 to get the turkey in the oven and really never sat down again until that night.  We had a wonderful meal and even better fellowship with my family.  I did great on the main meal and couldn't even finish the food on my first plate.  A few hours later I was ready for dessert.  I had saved up my extra points so I could enjoy my two favorite pies, pecan and pumpkin.  I made myself a cup of coffee and a plate with both pies on it.  When I walked into to living room, everyone was shocked I had that much pie on my plate.  They said there is no way you can eat that.  I said "watch me."  But they were right.  After a few bites of each one, I couldn't finish it.  It took the whole rest of the day nibbling on it to finish it.  I enjoyed every bite and counted the points and it only used 7 of my extra points to enjoy the food!  That night we decided to try going to Wal-Mart for their 6:00 sale.  I have NEVER done this before.  It was a madhouse!!!  I have never seen anything like it.  But, I managed to purchase the items I went it for!!!

Black Friday:  We are NOT early bird black Friday shoppers.  We like to sleep in a bit and then head into town.  Even though we didn't start until about 11:00, I managed to score all the deals I was after.  When we got home, I got my jammies on and my laptop out and finished almost ALL of my Christmas shopping online!

Saturday:  Hubby and I started out the day with a one hour couples massage in the morning.  It was sooooo relaxing.  When we got home, we were so relaxed, we took a nap!  Then we went into town and had dinner at a pizza buffet (but I was good and had salad and 2 pieces of veggie pizza).  We took the kids to Wal-Mart and let them do their Christmas shopping.

Today, I somehow managed to sleep until 10:30, so I missed church!  I guess I was tired and needed the rest.  My plans today include laundry, football, and relaxing!

Sorry for the length of this post.  Lots of catching up to do!  I have several new likes on my Facebook page this weekend.  If you are a new reader, welcome and I hope you enjoy my blog and page.  The link to my Facebook page is here.

 And if you click here, you will find a short intro about me for all you newbies!

I am ready to say goodbye and start my lazy Sunday!  I hope you all have had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment