photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Recipe Share and a Food Find (sorta)

Howdy "losers".  Hope you don't mind me calling you all that, but we are all losing something along this journey, whether it is pounds, inches, bad habits, etc.  I have quite a few things to share with you all today.  First off, there are SO MANY different health/fitness/weight loss blogs and pages.  Each one has their own way of approaching the journey and I respect everyone's way that works for them.  I encourage you to check some of them out.  There is no way I can share ALL the awesome pages, but if you go to my Facebook page, you can find a section that lists all the pages that I like.  If you have time, check a few out each day.  We all need the support of those who are going through some of the same things we are and different perspectives can never hurt!

I saw the chiropractor AGAIN today.  Got some therapy and I am still not supposed to do any exercise.  I am kinda bummed, but I know I have to take care of myself now for the long run.  I saw this quote the other day:
4% of my day, so if I can stay on plan the other 96% of the day I should still be successful.  Just because I can't workout is no excuse to not keep on keeping on!

I made pizza pasta casserole tonight.  It was YUMMY!! You get an entire 9th of the 9x13 pan for only 8 points+.  I also had a huge salad and one piece of garlic bread.  It was a hit, family loved it.  Here is the recipe:

I also tried these bars the other day:
They were very good and very filling, but I was shocked it was 7 points+ per bar.  That is A LOT!  But, it would be a better choice if I walked into a gas station and needed a snack.  

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  It plays with my mind that I haven't been able to exercise.  I know I have done everything else right, so I have to be proud of myself.  AND today the cashier at the gas station noticed I had lost weight!  That made me feel good.  When you have 247 pounds to lose, it takes a lot for someone to notice a difference.  I will leave you all with this:
Keep Losing,
Kari



2 comments:

  1. You're awesome Kari!! Not being able to workout is tough. Try remembering that exercise is only a fraction of everything it takes to get healthy. Diet and mental health are big ones too and those you can keep up on!! You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete