photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, August 30, 2013

The end of a rough week!


Finally Friday! And a 3-day weekend at that!!!  That does mean more cook-outs and get-togethers, which means A LOT of temptations.  I will be going into this weekend with a plan! I can eat and enjoy real food in moderation, so if there is something I really want that I don’t normally get, I will have just a little.  No deprivation in my plan!

I will be open and honest about this week.  It has been a little tough on me mentally.  I am not sure why, but this week I have had cravings for things I have not had in a LONG time.  I have struggled emotionally to assure myself that I do not those things and that eating them won’t make me feel better about myself.  I did give in today and had a Snickers bar with my coffee this afternoon.  I was fighting a major migraine and was hoping the caffeine and sugar would help get me through a business meeting.  I counted the points and adjusted my dinner points so I was still on plan.  My head let up enough to make through the meeting, so it was worth it to me!

It has been awhile since I have shared more from Made to Crave, by Lysa Terkeurst.  If you are a new reader you can click here.for my intro to this book.  Chapter 2 of this book is called “Replacing My Cravings.”  How appropriate for this week, huh?  One passage from this chapter really hit home with me:

“I had to get honest enough to admit it: I relied on food more than I relied on God.  I craved food more than I craved God.  Food was my comfort.  Food was my reward.  Food was my joy.  Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness, and even in times of happiness.”

MAN OH MAN! I could have written those words myself.  I am a food addict (recovering, but will always struggle).  Everything about my life revolved around food, what is for breakfast, can I sneak a candy bar, at the cookout there will be……, etc. 

I love what she says as a response to this:

“Each time I craved something I knew wasn't part of my plan, I used that craving as a prompt to pray.  I craved a lot.  So I found myself praying a lot.”

And

“One day of victory tasted better than any of the food I’d given up ever could.”
I am really trying hard to pray each time I feel a craving come on (especially when I am not hungry, but just emotional).  This is a new part of my journey and something I am really going to have to work on.  But with God, ALL things are possible!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Make choices that make you happier and healthier!

Keep Losing,
Kari


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! Lysa Terkeurst is the best, I really enjoy her books. I am having the same kind of week, but for a different reason, but I am so encouraged to know that God is there taking care of me! And I know he will take care of you too! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Made to Crave! I even requested the DVD fromt he library and will get the workbook to go along with it (when the DVD comes in...there is a bit of a wait for it!)

    ReplyDelete