photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Randomness!


What a day today has been!  It was gloomy this morning and I just could not get woke up.  It didn’t help that I couldn’t drink any coffee because I had my heart echo-stress test today.  I won’t get the results until Friday or Monday, which still means no exercise!  I know I talked before about wearing a sign about my journey.  I really wish I had one today.  The nurse was talking to me about if my test came back okay that she would like to see me start a slow exercise program and lose weight.  I wanted to say “look lady, I exercise about 2 hours a day and I have lost almost 80 pounds”, but I just nodded and agreed.  She was nice about it, but it is frustrating that people don’t know your story and you sometimes feel judged (even though they are probably not judging you).



As for my low vision evaluation yesterday, I was so surprised at the results.  The doctor put some special telescopic and magnifying lenses on some glasses and I was shocked at how well I could see.  He even said that I will probably be able to drive again with bioptic lenses.  I will have to take a 30 hour driving course to learn how to use them, but YAY!!!  And the good part is vocational rehab is helping to pay for the new glasses.  I am getting 2 new pairs, one for driving and one that has three interchangeable lenses for reading, computer, and TV watching.  Now these glasses are very dorky looking, but I won’t have to wear them all the time and if they help me, I really don’t care about what people say! It will probably be a few months before I get them, but I am so excited!!!!

The boys had a great first day of school yesterday and already have homework tonight! My oldest has to go and order his glasses tomorrow and he is actually excited about it!

I just want to say thank you to all my family, friends, and people I don’t even know for all of your support on this journey.  This is so much more than just losing weight to me and the comments and “likes” just inspire me to keep going.  I also love reading your stories about your own journeys!

So today’s blog is a bunch of randomness, and I hope you all have a GREAT night!  I am going to get my chores done so I can watch Extreme Weight Loss tonight!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment