photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Musings!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  It finally cooled down enough to take a bike ride yesterday evening!  Today looks to be rainy and gloomy L

Today I want to tell you about a book I have read and am now reading again.  I have read “Made to Crave” by Lysa TerKeurst twice already.  However, each time I read it I was not really ready to make a change.  The author talks about our human desire to crave something, needing to fill a hole with something.  In her experience that something was food, similar to how I talked about being a food addict in a previous post.  The point of the book is to fill that void with God instead of food.  There is so much I want to share about this book as I am reading again for the third time.  So I thought I would share bits and pieces in each blog post and talk about how it relates to my journey.  Just the introduction to this book is amazing.  It is titled “Finding your ‘Want To.’” That is such a key.  We have to want to make this change.  I have tried to lose weight before because someone had guilted me into it and each time I failed.  This time is different, because I want to, no one else made me, I had the power of choosing to start this journey.  So here the passage I want to share today from the Introduction:

“So, the cycle continues day after day, week after week, year after year.  A whole lifetime could be spent making excuses, giving in, feeling guilty, resolving to do better, mentally beating myself up for not sticking to my resolve, feeling like a failure, and then resigning myself to the fact that things can’t change.”

There is so much personal truth to that passage.  I got to a point that I thought I would just be this way forever, that I couldn’t succeed at becoming healthier.  I was in a cycle of trying and quitting and failure was always the result.  I would lose a few pounds, and then something would happen and I would quit.  I never followed through and finished.  Just last night as I was about to die riding my bike home, I was talking out loud to myself (maybe I am a little nuts).  I was telling myself that I had to finish the ride (my husband is always on stand-by to bring the truck to pick me up), that I quit at everything and that this time will be different.  I have a poster in my fitness room that motivates me:

If I can break the cycle of quitting, failing, giving up, my life would be so much better.  I am determined this time to follow through!  I am excited to share more about this book with you all!!!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment