photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, August 9, 2013

God is in Control!


Finally Friday and finally home!  It has been a crazy past few days.  Wednesday I started having severe chest pains again and it was hurting in my neck and down my left shoulder.  After three doses of nitroglycerin, hubby took me to the ER.  All the tests showed no sign of a heart attack, but they kept me overnight.  After the cardiologist reviewed all my tests, he was confident that the pain is not heart related.  Which was a huge relief even though I still don’t know what it causing the pain.  They are going to treat me for anxiety and stomach issues for a month to see if this makes a difference.  I am SO glad to be back home.  I feel asleep at 10:00 last night and slept until 10:00 this morning.  I was exhausted!

I missed my Weight Watchers meeting yesterday because of being in the hospital, so I have no weigh-in results to share with you.  It is kinda a bummer, but I will survive another week.  Today I am just taking it easy and getting back to my routine. 
I decided that today I wanted to share something that I wrote awhile back.  There are so many people going through so many things and sometimes we question why these things are happening to us.  I needed to read my own words to remind me that God is in control:

I have so many things in my life to be thankful for.  However, there is one thing I am the most thankful for that has allowed me to become the person I am today.  I am very thankful that God has a plan for my life.  He knows better than I do which direction my life should take.  One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11  - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  There have been many times in my life when I wanted things to go a certain way.  I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would give me what I wanted.  Sometimes, that happened.  More often than not I did not get my way.  For the longest time I would be so angry and upset and not understand why God would not want me to have those things.  As I have grown up and experienced the loss of my first husband at a young age, I learned that it does not matter what I want, God is going to give me what He wants for me every time.  There is a reason for everything that happens to us.  The Bible says in Romans 8:28 that We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.  Knowing that the Bible is the true word of God teaches us that no matter what happens to us, God will make good out of it.   I truly believe that and it brings me such joy to know that I don’t have to worry about anything in my life.  God is in control.  He tells me in Philippians 4:6 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and asks me in Luke12:25, Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?  There are times when I want to worry and I want my way.  However, I try to remember what good God has brought out of the experiences of my life and I continue to trust Him.  I am so thankful for the peace and joy that God’s plan has brought to my life.  So I will close with one last verse that sums up how I feel.  It is found in Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I hope these words help you remember that God has a plan for all of us.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment