photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, August 5, 2013

"New to Me" Food Finds and Back in the Groove!

I had an amazing weekend with my family!  We celebrated birthdays and just got to visit and catch up!  Today starts a new school year and a new routine for all of us.  The boys did a really good job of getting up and being ready for school this morning! I am hoping they have a GREAT day!  I already miss them!

Today is my evaluation with a low-vision doctor/therapist to see if there is anything they can do to help me function better with my vision loss.  I am excited about the potential help I can get there!  I will update you all on the visit tomorrow!

I want to share three “new to me” products I have found and LOVE!

First are the Special K Pastry Crisps Cookies and Crème Flavor.  These are so yummy, they taste like you are eating Oreos! And only 3 points+.

Next are the Fiber One Cinnamon Coffee Cakes.  I cannot believe how good these are and only 90 calories and 2 points+.  You have to try these!  Such a good afternoon treat with a cup of hot green tea!

Finally are the Butterball Turkey Burgers.  These are in the frozen section and I had a coupon so I thought I would try them out.  I bought the Sweet Onion Seasoned flavor.  They are frozen individually which makes it nice when I want one grilled when everyone else is having a hamburger.  Hubby grilled one for me on Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised at how juicy, big, and yummy these were.  They are 6 points+, but it is a huge burger!

I want to share a passage with you from Chapter 2 of “Made to Crave” by Lysa Terkeurst:

“Because this wasn’t really about the scale or what clothing size I was: it was about this battle that raged in my heart.  I thought about, craved, and arranged my life too much around food.  So much so, I knew it was something God was challenging me to surrender to His control.  Really surrender.  Surrender to the point where I’d make radical changes for the sake of my spiritual health perhaps even more than my physical self.”

There is not a lot more I can say about this passage.  She hit the nail on the head for me.  So much of our lives revolve around food and we are always thinking about what we will eat for this party, or get together, or celebration.  It is so hard to change this tradition we seem to have.  I am proud to say that this weekend with my family did not only revolve around what we would eat, but simply enjoying each other’s company ( even with the Devil’s Reese’s cake in my house)!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment