photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, August 19, 2013

I have a new addiction and I wish it was exercise!

Monday – the start of a new week.  Today has not started off so well.  My oldest baby stayed home sick today with congestion and a sore throat.  Hoping he can rest and feel better quickly!  I was slow moving this morning.  I did not want to get out of bed and definitely did not want to exercise.  But, I sucked it up and did both.  I am having one of those mental blah days.  I am not sure why either.  I guess we all have days like that. 

So in one of my posts I talked about being a food addict (click here for original post).  I think I have a very addictive personality.  I have dealt with the food issues pretty well and I know I will always struggle with them, but I know how to move past the feelings.  However, I am finding I have a new addiction – THE SCALE.  I had problems in the past with this, but I was doing better.  I find myself weighing numerous times a day and I let that number dictate how I feel.  Sometimes I even weigh on 2 different scales.  I know part of this journey is losing weight, but seriously I have to stop letting the scale tell me how to feel.  Actually, I need to stop weighing at home PERIOD.  I need to just weigh in once a week at my Weight Watchers meeting.  I know I am doing the right things to become a healthier and happier person.  Why should the number on the scale change that?  It is easy to tell myself that, but I have difficulty feeling it when the scale doesn't move and I have worked so hard.  This is something I am really going to have to work on.  Anyone else ever have this problem?  How did you overcome it?  How can I convince myself that I am more than a number on the scale?

Okay, on to other things.  I told you last week I was going to give my ActiveLink one more try.  For those of you who don’t know what this is, it is an activity monitor that Weight Watchers has.  It translates your activity into extra points+ values.  It gives you a goal and it ups it each week as you work on a challenge.  My goal for the next 12 weeks is to work up to earning 3 points+ a day.  I had a hard time before because as hard as I was working, I had a difficult time reaching 100%.  I am ready to try again though.  Here are my results so far:

Thursday – 60% (this is my rest day so I was good with that)
Friday – 139% and earned 3 points+
Saturday – 152% and earned 4 points+
Sunday – 98% (this is my other rest day J )

So far I am pleased with these numbers.  It is encouraging to see how active I am at different times of the day.

Well, I am gonna go for now!  Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and don’t forget to be AWESOME!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment