photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

HUMP DAY!!! (and Duck Dynasty)

It is such a beautiful morning here!  It is about 50 degrees and sunny!  Thanks goodness because our air conditioner has been out for 2 days and today I opened the windows!!!!!!  Hopefully they will show up today to look at it.

So I got up this morning and made breakfast for the kiddos.  I had one extra because my nephew stayed overnight with me.  When you see three smiling faces like this:


How can you not be in a good mood?

After they got off to school, my hubby was leaving and I was heading upstairs.  My evil plan was to lie in my bed and read for a while.  He asked me if I was working out and I was not planning on it, BUT I went upstairs and got my workout in!  I even added 5 extra minutes on the elliptical, 5 extra minutes on the bike, and 20 extra crunches!  Good thing I worked out alone today because anyone would think I was crazy.  I was yelling at myself “Don’t Quit,” and “Take that fat.”  I may have a problem!!!  I have decided to give my Weight Watchers ActiveLink another try.  I reactivated it today so we will see if I like it any better!!

After my workout and shower, I baked some oatmeal muffins.  These are a favorite at my house.  I thought I would share the recipe with you.  I got the original recipe from a blog called Emily Bites.  (click here for the original recipe) She has AWESOME weight watchers recipes.  I have never made anything from her site that I did not love!  I made a few tweaks to her recipe:

Ingredients:
3 cups old-fashioned oats
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 ¼ cups skim milk
¾ cup mashed banana (I usually use 2 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
½ cup dried cranberries

Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.     Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir until mixed.
3.     In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed banana, milk and vanilla.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together.  Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
4.     Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.  Bake uncovered for 18-22 minutes or until oatmeal s lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


These are like a baked oatmeal muffin.  They are moist and so yummy.  I love to eat these for breakfast or a snack.  And each muffin only has 3 points+.

I am off to enjoy this beautiful day!  Make Hump Day a good one!!! And Duck Dynasty starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!


Check in tomorrow for weigh-in results!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment