photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Weigh-In Results


Today was weigh-in day.  This has been a really good week for me.  I have been able to stay on plan and exercise on every scheduled day.  I was down 1.2 this week for a total of 84.2 gone since November 1, 2012.  I am very happy with that number.  I worked for every ounce I lost.  I still have about 173 pounds to lose and it will take a while to accomplish, but slowly and the right way I will get there.  I am trying to not let the scale dictate how I feel about myself.

Yesterday I rode my bike to get my nails done (3.4 miles) and then from the salon to the office (2.6 miles).  I was so proud of myself, I didn't even have to stop for a break.  And then my hubby said he would workout with me so I did a workout in the late afternoon on top of the bike ride.  I LOVED having hubby work out with me (even though he was on his phone the WHOLE time).  I really wish he would do this with me 100%.  He shows interest but has not fully committed to it.

This week’s Weight Watchers meeting was about smart grocery shopping.  After listening to everything I have made a new goal for myself.  I am no longer going to buy food for ANY of my family that I would not eat on my plan.  I don’t do too bad with this, but there are times I buy them “treats” because I feel bad they don’t get what they used too.  Don’t get me wrong, a “treat” once in awhile is okay, but how bad will I feel when my kids grow up to be morbidly obese because I enabled them.  I never want my boys to struggle with this like I have had to.  This journey is HARD and my boys and hubby have been supportive and encouraging. 

NSV (non-scale victory): yesterday one of my co-workers actually noticed that I had lost “a lot” of weight!  Made me feel good!  When you have a lot to lose, it takes a lot to notice a difference! But the way I feel now compared to last fall is beyond words.  I cannot tell you how much better I feel and how much more energy I have.
 
Gearing up for a mountain hike in October!!!!!  My goal is to be down 100 pounds by then.  I am well on my way!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Keep Losing,

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment