photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Dangers of the Gas Station

So how can a gas station be dangerous? Besides spending $63 to fill up my car this evening?
YIKES! But let me tell you, to a food addict who is at the gas station by herself, WATCH OUT! I was really wanting to go inside and buy 3 Little Debbie cakes and a soda and shove them in my mouth as fast as I could before getting home and then hiding the evidence before anyone knew what I did.  The convenience of paying at the pump saved me tonight.  I was seriously ready to walk in and binge, but the few minutes it took to fill up my car gave me some time to really think.  And these two quotes came to mind:
Food is fuel for my body, just like the expensive gasoline is fuel for my car.  I know I have to eat to keep my body going, but I get to choose the type of fuel I give my body.  Why did I want the sweets? Well, the temptation was there being at a store alone and it just sounded good.  I deserved a treat after the last few stressful days, right?  Yes, I did deserve a treat, I deserve to feel good, to take the best care of my body and mind.  My body really thought it needed that junk, but I knew that I would eat the three cakes in about 5 minutes and then have to live with the guilt and regret for the rest of the night.  I have had 3 days of tracking EVERYTHING I have put in my body and it has felt great knowing that I have been honest with my WW tracker and My Fitness Pal.  Did I really want to blow that for 5 minutes worth of what I thought would be pure joy of indulgence with Little Debbie? NO WAY!  I fought myself the entire time and I was so proud to get back into my car and just drive home.  If you have never struggled with food addiction then this may seem silly to you, but this was a HUGE victory for me tonight.  I came home and rewarded myself with an amazing dinner:
OATMEAL! With just a hint of brown sugar and a few dried cranberries!  This fit into my plan and filled my tummy! I think this was a much better choice than the 3 Little Debbie cakes I wanted an hour ago!

And for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of my two new babies cuddling for nap time:

Aren't they cute?  

That is it for tonight! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



1 comment: