photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fireworks Taught Me a Lesson


Today is going to be a busy day!  My family is coming over to celebrate Robbie's birthday!  Hubby is grilling and we will be having cake and ice cream!  

Friday night we went to the fireworks in Bedford and last night we went to a friend's house for a pitch-in and more fireworks.  As I watched the kiddos all play both nights, I knew they provided inspiration for this blog post.  So today I am sharing a lesson I learned from watching the kids at the fireworks:

Ready for it:
Kids don't care what other people think about them.  

They can act like goofballs in front of everybody and really not be worrying about what other people think!  They can play silly games, wear goofy hats, make silly faces, go up and talk to other kids they don't even know, dance, etc.  And while doing this all they are thinking about is one thing:
HAVING FUN
They aren't worried about what other people might think of them.  They are not worried about pleasing everyone else.  They are not worried about looking goofy.  They just enjoy the moment and live their life!


I really wish I could be more like this.  I am always worried about what everyone else will think about me.  My actions are more based off of what I think everyone else expects of me rather than what I really want to say or do.  I really want to work more on being ME, the ME that I really want to be.  I want to be able to wear a goofy hat with pride, sing along to a song, dance to the beat without worrying about everyone else and their opinion of me!

I am going to say goodbye for now and get ready for a day filled with fun! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari





No comments:

Post a Comment