photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Night in Hospital = A Blessing in Disguise?

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your kind comments in response to yesterday's post. It was difficult to write, but I am glad I processed those feelings. Now what is this about a night in the hospital?

My hubby was not feeling well Sunday. His tummy was upset and he was just feeling icky.  Last night when he got home from work and ate dinner, he really started feeling bad.  His stomach really hurt and he was vey, very nauseous. I tried a few things to help him feel better and we finally decided to go to bed.  After about a half an hour, he started vomiting and just couldn't stand the pain.  I took him into the ER about 11:00 last night. He just kept vomiting even after the doctor have him meds.  His blood work showed that his digestive enzymes were very elevated so the doctor admitted him for the night so he could be under observation. I was convinced this was his hernia and he was going to have to have an emergency surgery. By the time everything was said and done and I saw him settled into a room I got home about 3:30 this morning and slept for about two hours.  I returned to the hospital to await the verdict from the doctor. The doctor seems to think he has pancreatitis. He said if the enzyme level had gone down, he could go home and thankfully they had gone down.  The doctor prescribed him some medications and ordered a clear liquid diet for the next 24 hours.  

We came home and I took about a two hour nap and then went to the store to buy him some broth and jello. 

Now for the blessing in disguise:
We got to have a really good talk about his eating habits this evening. We were researching pancreatis and almost everything we read talked about how high fat foods could flare it up. I told my hubby that he could either take this as an opportunity to cleanse out the next 24 hours and then start a healthier eating plan or he could just go back to how he was eating before and risk a flare up again.  He seemed to listen and I am hopeful he will recognize this as a sign that HE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF!

Even in the midst if the stress today, I managed to stay on plan with my eating even though I didn't have my first cup of coffee until 3:00 this afternoon! 

That's it for tonight. Can't wait I watch Extreme Weight Loss tonight. Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment