photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Monday, July 28, 2014

Can vs Can't

Today's post is inspired once again by Lysa Terkeurst's devotional "Made to Crave". I absolutely love both the book and the devotional and every time I read them, I learn something new. Here is the "thought for the day"

How simple does that sound? Instead of being and feeling deprived of all the things I can't have, I need to stop and think of all the things I can have, and more importantly can do. It really is a choice
I am not punishing myself by depriving myself of snack cakes and candy.  I am rewarding my body by fueling it with healthy choices that will make me feel better spiritually, mentally, and physically. 
I am empowered, I am in control. I CHOOSE what I put in my body. I will make mistakes, I will fall down, but with Him ALL things are possible and I will only fail when I refuse to get back up and try. 

So this week, I am going to really try to focus on the "I cans" and getting rid of the "I can'ts"

I love this prayer she closes with

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari



1 comment:

  1. I read this book and loved it. I need a reminder all the time though. THANKS for this post!

    ReplyDelete