photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 560 - Surgery and Appreciation


Hi everyone! My surgery is done and over and everything went well. I am home and smiling and not all because of the pain meds. I have some pain, but the meds are helping.  I also have a really sore throat from the tube that was down my throat.  I came home and took a short nap before the kiddos came home from school. The doctor did discover another part of my heel bone that was really sharp and he had to shave it down.  He even gave me pictures. 
Before
After

And here is my foot
Propped up and relaxing!

I also want to give some thank yous. 
1. Thank you to all of you for your prayers and kind words of encouragement!!!!!!!!
2. Thanks to my awesome mother and awesome sister for being with me during my surgery. 
3. Thanks to my sister again for driving me, taking care of me, getting my meds, bringing me beautiful flowers, and my favorite Starbucks! Oh and for getting me dinner tonight!
4. Thanks to Scott Wade for putting my knee scooter together today! It makes moving around so much easier!
5. Thanks to the amazing doctors and nurses and the surgery center! You were all amazing. 
6. Thanks to my boys who are already playing nurse to their momma!
7. Thanks to my hubby for getting me ice cream and being patient with me. 
8. Thanks to anyone I forgot. I love you all. 

My boys had their last band concert tonight. 
I made it, but I am paying for it now. Hurting! I'm not leaving the house at all tomorrow. They did an amazing job and I am so proud of them!

That is it for tonight. Sending you all love and healthy wishes. 

Keep Losing,
Kari







1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that the surgery went well!
    Good to see you have people to help you at this time. Sending healthy thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete