photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 553 - What Inspires You

When I started this page, I wanted a place to journal my journey to losing weight.  It was mostly for myself and my family.  I way to have a place to write down all of my victories and my struggles.so I had a record!  Never in my wildest dream did I think I would have the audience I have today.  I am overwhelmed with the amazing support you all give me.  You tell me I inspire you, but you all inspire me more than you will ever know.  Here is an example of an email I just got today:



Hello Kari

You are such an inspiration!! I have lived in my "fat suit" for so long ( since a child ). My name is ****, I am married to a great man and have 2 fabulous children ( oh yes we have a dog as well). As for my life, I can't complain although my fat suit has followed me forever!!! I am now on weight watchers and hope to get through it and succeed as you have. Congratulations on the wonderful weight loss!! You certainly are a hero in my eyes. I would have to losing 50 lbs would be my goal at this time. Although it sounds like a small amount of weight, it certainly is one heck of a defeat for me at this time. I will visit your blog again. Ms Inspiration :).

I can honestly say, I got a little emotional reading this.  How can my story, a woman living in a little ole town in the midwest be considered a hero and an inspiration.  And then I think about all of the pages and awesome people I follow and look up to.  I think the genuine honesty on these pages is what draws me in.
And one more comment I received that made me so happy:
That's exciting to see your measurements! I take mine tomorrow I'm excited because I peaked at my waist measurement the other day and it was down 2.5 inches from the first Saturday in March. You're constantly inspiring me to go further and it's having a snowball effect.

And the next day she sends me this:
I was officially down 8.5 inches and 2.1% body fat

This is not about how many "likes" I get or "fans" I have, but I feel like the stories I followed inspired me and then my story is having an impact on others and then those others are going out and having an impact on others.

I was just talking to my kids and hubby today.  I can't really remember what started the conversation, but we were talking about YOLO (You only live once).  I told them that my philosophy is to live each day like it might be my last one here on earth.  And if it is and I don't wake up here tomorrow, people are going to remember what I did today.  Was I kind, was I happy, was I caring, was I inspirational, did I make a difference?  If the answer is no, then tomorrow I need to try harder.  I want the last day I live to be one I am proud to have people remember about me.  I am not afraid of dying, I have a promise of eternal life in a much better place.  When it is my time, it is my time.  I just need to make sure I make the best of every second, minute, hour, week, month, year I am blessed to have!  

Are you living each day to it's fullest potential?  If not, is it not too late to make tomorrow the BEST DAY EVER!!!!  Share your journey with others, show them love and acceptance.  Be the kind of person who would inspire you!


Okay, now I took you all to church!!!  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!  LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment