photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 552 - What did I get myself into?


Okay, so I don't have a lot to write about today.  My life has been extra busy this week.  My hubby has needed me to fill in at our office about an hour from our house this week and I have been busy, busy, busy.  And all this at the same time I just joined a gym and started some personal training.  So my awesome trainer printed off a workout for me to do when I come in on my own.  So last night, I went in at about 5:30 in the evening to workout since I had to work from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  There were several people at the gym and I was really nervous about even going in.  I was so afraid, and reverted back to that 402+ pound girl who thought everyone was staring and judging her.  I almost left.  I got my workout paper out of my file and was even more scared.  I was fine with the warm-up and cool down as they were cardio activities.  However, I was LOST at the strength activities.  I did not want to look like an idiot trying to figure it all out in front of all these "fit" looking people.  I seriously almost left.  And then I saw my trainer.  I asked her if she could show me each thing.  She had about 3 minutes until her next client arrived and she used those to show me each of the activities.  So I stayed and muddled through the workout. Here is what she had for me to do:
My warm-up is 10-15 minutes of cardio on my choice of machines.  Cool down is a one mile walk/run.
Now some of you may think this is easy, and some of you may think this is hard. I will tell you it worked me!  I felt it and I was so happy I got through it.  I REALLY struggled with the 1 mile walk yesterday as my foot hurt the entire time.  

I went back today around 1:00 and there was not many people there/  I did the elliptical for warm-up and then the circuit.  I did MUCH better today and was more confident in what I was doing.  My foot was so sore, I cheated a bit and just did 25 minutes (4 miles) on the stationary bike for my cool down.

I will tell you I am LOVING the soreness I am feeling after these workouts.  It is not a bad pain, but I love pushing my body to try new things.  And you know what, not one person stared at me or called me bad names.  I know each person there started somewhere just like me.  I don't know their story and they don't know mine.  It is taking a lot of courage for me to do this, but I WILL DO IT!

That is it for today! Unfortunately I will be missing my weigh-in tomorrow as I have to work ALL day out of town (mean boss (hubby)).  So there will be no scale numbers, but I plan on sharing some NSV's (non scale victories) tomorrow.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!!!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment