photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 554 - Feeling Blue - Cookies will make it better, right?

Hi friends!  Today started off a little bit rough.  I am feeling a bit blue and down today.  I was supposed to go to Evansville to do a 5 mile glow walk along the river with my sister tonight.  It has now been cancelled because of the chance of severe weather.  So I was a little disappointed about that (but maybe a tiny bit relieved I wouldn't have to really push through the foot pain).  Then I saw my foot doctor for my MRI results.  Not the news I wanted to hear.  I will have to have another surgery.  My Achilles tendon has small tears, there is a large spur, and there is a lot of fluid built up in the bursa sack.  So he will go in and shave off the spur, clean out the fluid, separate the tendon and clean it up and reattach it to a metal piece he will put in somewhere.  The worst part is I will be in a cast up to my knee for 6 weeks non-weight bearing.  Then he said 6-12 months before I am back to 100%.  The lady who schedules for him for out today so she will call me Monday.  He said it could be as soon as this Thursday.  YIKES!  

So I was feeling sorry for myself and was ready for a trip to the bakery for a double stuffed cookie sandwich.  I was a good girl though and came home and made myself a nice big bowl of oatmeal with walnuts and cranberries.  Comfort food that fits into my plan!

I am looking forward to the weekend.  My family will be getting together to celebrate Mother's Day and I have a new recipe I am going to try out.  I will post it if it turns out!

That is really all for today!  I am going to take a little me time this afternoon before the kiddos get home from school.  Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment