photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 602 - Thursday at Fitbloggin 14


Robbie and I woke up early this morning and ordered room service for breakfast ( which he just thought was awesome). I had a nice big bowl of oatmeal. I had signed up for the pre-conference session called Color Accounting. I was the only person in the class!
I really enjoyed the session and I learned a lot. We had an hour break for lunch so Robbie and I walked to the Olympia Cafe (I had read about it and really wanted to try it) 
I ordered the Gyro dinner. The gyro meat was so good and served over a bed of lettuce with tomatoes  and feta cheese. 
I gave Robbie my fries because I really don't like fried foods anymore, which is a huge change. After not having anything fried for so long it all tastes like grease to me now. I also couldn't eat all the pita and only had half but I was stuffed.

My session ended early so we went up to the rooftop deck and enjoyed the view. 

I was still pretty tired from yesterday so I went up to the room and propped my foot up for a bit before all the fun started. L

At 5:00 it wad time to go to registration and to see the sponsor tables. I received an awesome swag bag ( I'll share those contents in a later post when I get home).

I will admit that at first I was not having a lot of fun. I felt lost and out of place. I was ready to leave. I'm such an introvert that the thought of just going up and introducing myself to others causes panic! And then I saw someone who has made a HUGE impact on me. Angela from We Beat Fat. I don't know how to link since I'm on my ipad, but her and her husband's story of weight loss really inspired me! I was brave and went up and talked to her. She was so sweet and even took a picture with me!

After that, things just got better. I met so many awesome, loving, friendly people. It truly is like one big happy family. 

They had some yummy food set up for us and my favorite was the avocado salsa. OMB it was delicious. I heard there was a recipe floating around so I'm going to hunt that down tomorrow!

Then there were some ice breaker activities. I didn't participate in the first one. Everyone threw their shoes in the middle and then randomly grabbed one and found the owner. My left shoe is a boot cast, so no mystery there. But I did participate in the rest of the fun!

I came back to the room around 9:00. Getting ready for bed to rest up for another awesome day tomorrow!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari


2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure meeting you. Talking to you made all my fears disappear and really made the conference for me. THANK YOU for just being you because it put me at ease and really was something special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a delicious falafel from the Greek place too! It was great to meet you last weekend!

    ReplyDelete