photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 585-586 - Transformation Tuesday - Meet Kayla


I have an AMAZING story to share with you today.  I want you to meet Kayla.  She has started a journey to become healthier and is rocking her goals so far.  


Tell us a little about yourself

Hi there! My name is Kayla Anderson. I just turned 27 years old a couple days ago. I graduated with Human Resources associate degree 2 years ago. Currently, I am working on my bachelors degree. I was born deaf and wearing one hearing aid on my left ear. I was in speech therapy since I was 3 till 18. I speak really well and do lip-read. I love to do scrapbooking when I have time, dancing, cooking, and shopping.

Starting Weight
308.8

Current Weight
287.4

What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?

Back in February 2014, I just woke up and decided that is enough. I need to make changes for me. I am sick of being sick and tired. I knew I want to have children someday by 30. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and if I stay like this, it is unlikely for me to have children. I want to be healthy so I can stay around for my future children and grandchildren.

My both sides of family have a long health history, such as diabetes, heart disease, breast cancer, depression, so on and on. I knew I needed to do something now to avoid those.


What changes have you made?

I joined Weight Watchers on March 1st, 2014. I started to have more veggies and fruits, drinking more H20, and started slowly with the workouts. I completely stop going to fast-food places since March and a couple of weeks ago, I had a cheeseburger with fries. Let me tell you, NEVER AGAIN!! It didn't agree with my stomach! I rather eat healthier food than fast food. That is a huge change! I started to focus on myself more now than ever. Another change would be eating salads. Before I started WW, I HATE salads! I cannot stand the texture of lettuce because it reminded me as a grass. I finally found something I love, spinach!!! I LOVE LOVE Spinach!! I would eat those as a salad, on sandwiches, or on pizza. YUM! I love those kind of changes!

How is your life different now?

OH my goodness! Where I even begin? I may not lost a lot like other people, but I am so proud of my total loss of 21.4 lbs! That is a lot!! I am looking forward to many more lbs! I don't eat a lot of processed food anymore. I love to eat fresh food and able to cook for myself knowing it is good for me for my body. I have been walking almost everyday or even every other day, going to Zumba once a week, and doing fun 30 days challenges. If someone said to me 6 months ago that I would do the workouts and doing the challenges, I would laugh at them and shaking my head no. I feel SO much better comparing back in March when I first started out! I cannot believe only 21 lbs that changed my life for better! I have more energy, more outgoing (yes, I was outgoing before WW, but somehow more of me is coming out with joy), and more stamina to do things that I wouldn't do before. I look the life differently now and I am so thankful for doing this.

What do you do for physical activity?

Walk 2-3 miles per day (depending on the weather) 

Zumba 1 hour on Wednesdays

If the weather is bad such as raining, or too hot: youtube workouts for 30-45 mins

30 days challenge
For example: This month (June) I am doing planks and increasing time each day. Day 1 is 20 secs and 30 days is 5 mins.

I make sure that I keep moving throughout the days because it is easy to sit down and watch tv. That is no good!


What is your favorite healthy food or meal?

My favorite meal would be Spanish-Inspired Grilled Shrimp, couscous, and grilled asparagus. YUM!! Spanish-Inspired Grilled Shrimp recipe is actually from Weight Watchers weekly brochure.

Any advice for others on their own journey?

My advice for others on their own journey would be: Please don't give up when you are feeling that is not working, be patient with the process. It will happen! Don't focus on weight loss only, there is much bigger in life than looking at the numbers. Numbers are being numbers, it doesn't understand YOU. When you get frustrated, look back and see why you started this? Enjoy the process! You have to accept this journey will never ends and accept this as a healthy lifestyle. Love yourself before you even start this journey because what happens when you reach your weight loss goal, and don't love yourself? You probably would end up back where you have started. LOVE YOURSELF!! One last advice, have faith in yourself! That will open up many opportunities for yourself if you do.

Do you have a Facebook Page, blog, Twitter, Instagram, etc. where others can find you?

I have Facebook Page that I want to share my personal experience as I go on a journey with a huge change which is weight loss/healthy lifestyle. I am hoping that my experience can inspire the others.

https://www.facebook.com/JourneyOfTheShrinkingPrincess


I LOVE everything she shared with us.  And 21.4 pounds is awesome!!!! She looks amazing and feels even better!  I encourage you to go check out her Facebook page for even more inspiration.  Thank you Kayla for sharing with us, you are inspiring others with your story!!!!

If you would like a chance to tell your story, click here to fill out the form.  I LOVE seeing all of the inspiration and we have to lift each other up! We are all in this together!

That is it for today! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

  

1 comment:

  1. I know Kayla and know that her outside will look like her inside before long! She is a sunny person and is inspiring me daily with her journey! I too am on WW and have lost about 35 pounds...one day at a time, we got this girls!!!

    ReplyDelete