photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 579 - Transformation Tuesday - Meet Whitney



Today I want you to meet Whitney!  I LOVE her story and I know you will too!

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a 31-year-old wife and mother of two little boys, two and five. They are crazy and sure keep me busy. I work full-time in healthcare Marketing, but I have committed myself to fitness. I do triathlons and love every second of competing!

Starting Weight:
195

Current Weight:
145

What made you decide to live a healthier lifestyle?
I had very bad post-partum depression after I had my oldest son. I cried all day and then sat in my bed and ate cookies all night. I wasn't a great wife and it was difficult to be around me. I decided to stop the self pity and change my life. I was an athlete my whole life and never had a weight problem, but after gaining 60 pounds while pregnant, I found myself overweight and sad.

What changes have you made?
I work out daily and have added weight lifting, which has made a huge difference. I watch what I eat, and work more towards fueling my body so it can perform like I need it to.

How is your life different now?
I used to look at women at the gym and think, "she is my inspiration. I want to look like her." Now, women come up to me and tell me that I am their inspiration. Just a kind word to someone struggling with fitness can make a huge difference. I know plan my day with the question, "When can I work out?" and not, "Can I work out?"

What do you do for physical activity?
Running, biking, swimming, weight lifting. I'm probably more physically active than most of your readers, and don't focus so much on eating, like you do, but I my mental change has been so huge that I have to share it with others.

What is your favorite healthy food or meal?
I now love fish and have even gotten my kids to eat it sometimes too, even if I have to lie and tell them that it's chicken. hehe.

Any advice for others on their own journey?
Consistency is the real key. Throw out the diet food and magazines that promise results without work. Try your best day in and day out and surround yourself with like-minded people and the sky is the limit.

Do you have a Facebook Page, blog, Twitter, Instagram, etc. where others can find you?
Just my personal page: https://www.facebook.com/whitney.wilson.94 


I reason I shared these photos in the first place is that we all often get discouraged, thinking, I work hard every day but I don’t see a difference; I’m eating right but I weigh the same so I’m just going to give up. Consistency isn’t glamorous and definitely not what a lot of the fitness industry sells: “Lose 20 pounds in six weeks! Get a six-pack without working out!” and all other myriad of crap.

Keep at it. Keep trying, keep improving. Surround yourself with people who bring you up and make you ride 18 miles/hour on a windy day on the Bosque when you are struggling. That is what makes all the difference.

My very first sprint triathlon was August 2010 and the picture below is myself and my boss right before the race. I completed the race in 2:12:32. I took a break in 2011 to have a baby, but in August 2012, I got my time down to 1:55:58 on that same course.

Fast forward to April 2014 and I completed a sprint tri in 1:17:17. All sprints courses are a little different, but the point is, let's remind each other how far we have come and where we are going. Serena was my boss in 2010 and she saw how much I was struggling to feel okay about myself again after a baby. She took me under her wing and taught me to work hard towards my first triathlon-a feat that I thought was impossible. I’m now doing my first Olympic distance triathlon in June of this year. Who knows what the future holds-maybe an Ironman one day.


What a great story.  You are such an inspiration Whitney and I thank you so much for sharing your story with us!!!!

If you would like a chance to tell your story, click here to fill out the form.  I LOVE seeing all of the inspiration and we have to lift each other up! We are all in this together!

Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment