photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Days 600-601 On My Way to Fitbloggin 14

The day has finally come to head to Savannah for my first ever Fitbloggin conference.  I am so excited and so nervous at the same time.  I cannot wait to meet so many people that I have only met online! I am also a little nervous about traveling while still non weight bearing on this foot.  

We managed to arrive at the airport early, YAY! Check in was a breeze and I opted to use my knee scooter through the airport rather than use a wheelchair. 

Security was real fun.  I had to have a full pat down and be scanned for chemicals since I couldn't go through the regular detector thingy. But it really wasn't bad, especially since the lady frisking me was a former Weight Watcher and we got to talk about that and the conference I'm attending. 

We managed to make it to our gate rather quickly, considering I am rolling along.
So glad I brought a personal assistant (my son Robbie) along to help me.  
And of course, we had to get a Starbucks!

Getting on and off the plane with my knee scooter was quite interesting, but I did it and ALL the people I encountered with Delta airlines were awesome and helpful. We had a layover in Atlanta, which is a huge airport.  We landed on Concourse C and our flight was leaving from Councourse A, so we had quite a walk/roll and a train ride, but we did it.  AND EVEN BETTER I DIDN'T NEED A SEATBELT EXTENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it to Savannah and had no trouble getting a taxi to the hotel. No trouble checking in at the Hyatt Regency.  Our room is lovely and I am so happy with the handicap access in my room. A walk in shower with a seat in it and a raised toilet with bars!!!

Of course, Robbie wanted to go explore so we went for a walk along the river.  It is beautiful here, but very difficult to get around on a knee scooter. The roads are cobblestone and the sidewalks are brick. Very uneven, but we managed to walk about a mile.

We had dinner at a restaurant called Rocks.  I had this dish that was homemade dumplings, roasted chicken, spinach, and Parmesan.  It was DELICIOUS



While we were eating we saw a huge cargo ship go by. Robbie thought it was awesome and had or run out of the restaurant to take a picture. 


After dinner, we walked back to the hotel and now I am resting in my room.  I am exhausted, but so happy to be here. 

Can't wait for tomorrow! Sending you all love and healthy wishes!

Keep Losing,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment