photo facebook_zpsbd584b7e.png photo twitter_zps2342056c.png photo instagram_zpse3b8b782.png photo timblr_zps0d8e5c01.png photo pinterest_zps13deeb81.png photo linkedin_zps4e8451fd.png photo googleplus_zps2cb7ea78.png

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Worthy Wednesday

Guess what day is is??????  HUMP DAY!!  I know that is getting old, but it is still funny.  I got a call from my doctor today and I do not have gout and there is no stress fracture.  The X-Ray showed some severe arthritis in my foot (WHAT, I am only 36).  He gave me some meds to try and said if the pain is still there in 2 weeks I should have a bone scan done.

I totally forgot to share a NSV (non-scale victory) with you all earlier this week.  As I was cleaning my bathroom the other day, I took both scales and put them on the top shelf in the closet.  Yes, I had 2 scales in my bathroom and I stepped on them multiple times a day.  I had become so obsessed with the scale and I am proud of myself for putting them up.  I will only weigh in on my Weight Watchers weigh-in day.

AND today my hubby went to our local bakery to buy donuts for an employees birthday.  He brought me back 2 pumpkin spice no-bake cookies.  This was at 10:00 this morning.  A year ago, I would have ate them as fast as I could.  Today, I still ate them, but I saved them for my 3:00 snack time and had them with some pumpkin-spiced tea and grapes.  I worked them into my plan!!!! AND, they were yummy!!

So today I want to share some more from Made To Crave with you.  In chapter 5, Lysa talks about being worthy.  Her words in this book really speak to the journey I am on.  She says:

I have very low self-esteem, but I have to learn to realize that I was made for more, I am worth loving right where I am.  I have a hard time loving myself. I have to tell myself that I love the person I am, but I can still strive to be healthier.

I love this part where she has you fill your name in the blanks of these scriptures.  There is a lot of power to saying these out loud.
How can I not love myself if I am all of those things.  The final part I want to share is this:

YES, YES, YES!!  I don't even know what to add to that to make it mean more!

Tenth Avenue North has a song that says "I am more than the choices that I make, I am more than the sum of my past mistakes."  LOVE this song!  It really speaks to learning that we are made for so much more than to consume food and let food control our lives.  Here is a video for that song:


I hope we can all learn to love ourselves NOW and not let our size or weight determine our value.  Our health is important, but love is not dependent upon a number or an appearance. 
November 6:  Today I am thankful for my friends.  I don't have a lot of close friends, but I cherish the ones I do have.  Thank you for liking me for who I am and not what I am.  LOVE you all!

That is it for the day.  Tune in tomorrow for weigh-in results!

Keep Losing,
Kari

The excerpts in this post are from this book:


1 comment:

  1. I find Made to Crave to be very useful. I'm now working through the devotions and, when the DVD comes in from the library, I'll do the DVD/Workbook.

    ReplyDelete